Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

We are about to purchase a new 2017 Hatch 1SD in Kinetic Blue. What is everyones mileage like? I travel to and from work approx. 85km/52 miles. I want to get great fuel economy, but we cannot afford a Diesel.

How long does the average tank last you? How many kms/Miles can you get per tank? What do you like about your Hatchback and don't?

Any insight would be great!
Thank you!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
Not a hatch, and not a LT, so the MPG actually may work out the same considering the hatch is rated slightly less than the sedan, and the Premier sedan is rated slightly less than the LT.

You can click on my Fuelly below for MPG records since I bought the car, through winter, a couple road trips, and now into summer. About 10k on it now. Primarily city driving, but it's maintaining over 30 mpg in a large bias of city driving, just like my 2012 Cruze did.

Average tank is 350-400 miles for me. It's too small for my liking.

Kinetic blue is an amazing color. Love almost everything about the car so far.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Bought my hatch last year when they first came out in August. I now hove 31k on it. Mileage varies wildly depending on how I drive it. In the winter with snow tires, winter gas, and flogging it, I can be a bit under 30 mpg. Now that it is warm and I have the all seasons back on, it is easy to to get high 30's or even over 40 mpg with mixed driving (but a lot of it highway). I am sure that with another epic road trip to Florida and back, I could get about 50 mpg. It really is getting the same gas mileage as my 2012 1LT auto which was rated for 38 mpg on the highway.

Likes. Just about everything. It is a better car than my Gen 1.

Dislikes. The smaller gas tank. I can only get around 450 miles per tank with easy mixed driving.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We are completely enjoying out 2017 LT Manual Hatch, so I'm sure you'll love the car itself. I can tell you that if you drive like a scalded ape (my wife passes everything and chirps tires through 3 gears from every light), it'll get 29 mpg. That said, I've seen high 40s average when we're road tripping. Tank is to small, but aren't they all?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts