Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday everyone.
My name is Beck and I have named my new Cruze - Aurora as she looks like the colours of the Northern Lights.
She is 2013, SriV, 1.4 auto in a Hatch. In the colour Chlorophyll. (I really wanted manual but this one came up at a good price on a sale and I couldn't walk away) She had 13,500km on the clock when I bought her. So very low and only driven by a worker at the dealership.

I have always been into cars. (mainly old ones. If you live in Australia you will know what I am talking about but I own a HX Sandman & a 64 VW Beetle. Husband owns a HJ Sandman, HX LE Monaro and a VN SS Commodore - so yeah, we love cars. Oh and Holdens ;)
This is my first NEW car, I said I would never own one but here I am AND I am looooovving it. I love my car so much. I did a lot of research into what car I wanted, it firstly needed to catch my eye from the exterior look, colour & shape. Then I had to love the dash, I had to have gadgets, screens, pretty lights and fancy stuff, so the push button start, auto lights, touch screen etc got me. I looked at all the competitions but the Holden/Chev front just took me.

The only thing I am disappointed in is that I only just realised I do not have Mylink :( I saw it on all the other Cruzes and just assumed mine had it and I didn't think to ask and they never said anything when I was talking about it. So I think they left out those details on purpose. Because it is an early 2013 (March) model they didn't start putting Mylink in till middle of 2013, so my car missed out! Very annoyed at that but what can you do. I don't think it is a great big BUT I would have liked to have known. Does anyone know if I can get an update installed? And if so how much it might cost?

So now I am looking at changing a couple of small things like the globes in the headlights (they are so average compared to what is out there in the market) and maybe getting the fog lamps changed to LED's too. I wouldn't mind a couple of other small things to spruce her up and just make her stand out from the mainstream.
What is a good site that posts, delivers etc to Australia? Any good sites that are user friendly and safe? I am going to the US this year in Aug so maybe I will do some shopping while I am there.
I will try and load a couple of pics of my beautiful new baby.

Keep cruzing. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sky Daytime
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Sedan

Beck

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
Guess you must be excited to still be up at this hour. You picked a good forum to join. If you look for a thread called 1.6T it has a bunch of SRI owners on it with lots of good information. You will love the Cruze especially at the fuel pump. Enjoy, Aussie.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Welcome to CT!! That is a beautiful color.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you look for a thread called 1.6T it has a bunch of SRI owners on it with lots of good information.
Does it matter that mine is only 1.4? :/ I don't think it makes a lot of difference anyway and I didn't want to spend another 10k just to get it, as it only came out on the 2014 model.
Cruzes are more expensive over here I think and I think we are also behind on the specs!

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
Does it matter that mine is only 1.4? :/ I don't think it makes a lot of difference anyway and I didn't want to spend another 10k just to get it, as it only came out on the 2014 model.
Cruzes are more expensive over here I think and I think we are also behind on the specs!
The thread was started by Nathan in WA and there a few 1.4T cars on it already. They don't have a Hatch, Wagon or SRI equivalent car in the US or the 1.6T engine.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Freaking jealous of your color options.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Gday everyone.
My name is Beck and I have named my new Cruze - Aurora as she looks like the colours of the Northern Lights.
Surely you mean Aurora Australis. The "Southern Lights."

So now I am looking at changing a couple of small things like the globes in the headlights (they are so average compared to what is out there in the market)
I get my Philips X-treme Vision's from http://powerbulbs.com.au, currently going at AUD53.03 for a twin-pack. They seem to be about the best you can get, they throw a lot more usable light onto the road, for me, at least.

Oh, and welcome! (Even if you are a Crow Eater! :) )
[h=3][/h]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Surely you mean Aurora Australis. The "Southern Lights."
Huh, you know what. I never knew there was such thing! I always thought it was only visible in the northern hemisphere! Well there you go. I wonder where bouts you can see the from!? So I guess that would make more sense for her to be named after that ;)
Hey ho.

I get my Philips X-treme Vision's from http://powerbulbs.com.au, currently going at AUD53.03 for a twin-pack.
Great, thanks, I will def look into those. I also like a couple of the new head light replacements they offer with the led stripes and stuff but that will be later.

Oh, and welcome! (Even if you are a Crow Eater! :) )
lol. I don't really follow footy but I guess if I watch it I support them. Better than that Power snot ;)
Beck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you every one. The colour is called Chlorophyll and I have been in love with it for a little while. I didn't know Cruzes came in that colour until I started looking at cruzes in the local Holden dealership. I had seen them on VEs Commodores and had stopped one guy to ask him what the colour of his car was called. I still don't see too many. And I love that ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome to a good forum and friendly people.

We went for the Red Hot model and after reading around decided the 1.6 was the way to go and so far have not been disappointed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you look for a thread called 1.6T it has a bunch of SRI owners on it with lots of good information.
Hello Aussie,
I couldn't find this thread you are talking about. Could you kindly post me the link, or tell me what heading to find it under?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Beck, Welcome to the site. Nice colour choice, I don't mind Chlorophyll but it's not a colour that's available anymore so I ordered mine the new Regal Peacock (Similar to the US's Forrest Green). Mace Engineering do a nice performance tune, it's easy to do and give a nice power boost Holden Cruze and Barina RS 1.4L - 1.6L Turbo FLASH Tuning - Mace Engineering Group
$500 for a custom tune. It's easy to change back to your stock tune so you won't void your warranty if it needs to go back to the dealer.

So now I am looking at changing a couple of small things like the globes in the headlights (they are so average compared to what is out there in the market) and maybe getting the fog lamps changed to LED's too.
Beck
You will need to be careful with the LED fog lights here in OZ. They are illegal in ALL states. The reason being is that LED lights don't have the beam penetration of std globes or HID's. They look brighter when looking at them but actually reduce the useful visibility provided. As such LED fog lights are more a cosmetic option. Also in OZ it's illegal to use your fog lights in anything other than adverse conditions. The simple rule is basically that you can only use them leagally where you can also use your high beam. Yes this means it's illegal to have them on during the day on a nice day. Stupid I know but thats the law. I don't know what the cops are like in your neck of the woods but here in the ACT they recently had a blitz and were giving tickets for the use of fog lights. 3 people I work with got fined for using them, 1 during the day & 2 at night. So I don't use them except in foggy conditions. this is from the SA DPTI site Road Safety : Road Safety offences

Fog lights [ARR 217(1)]
Drivers can only use front fog lights in hazardous weather conditions. This brings the rule into line with the existing situation for rear fog lights. Use of fog lights in other conditions can dazzle oncoming drivers. Previously front fog lights that dazzled approaching drivers were dealt with as an offence under a different rule.

another good scource of info Fog Lights | Motoring | RACQ

Cheers
Tatsu

·
Registered
100 Posts
Cant find the edit button on previous post!.

Beck just see you are from SA. I am from Mount Gambier down south, but was made redundant in 2012, even though the company had lots of future work so for a nearly 60yo it was a shock! Anyway wife and I are now in Sydney controlling TV transmission to 5 million people, so boo sucks to the previous company.

Still own the house in MG and will retire there one day (bloke I work with here is 71 and not slowing down so it could be a while!) and daughter no#2 is living in the MG house and balancing the bills. We are back in April for a garden blitz and seeing aging mothers and relatives with a few friends thrown in.

I think the 1.4 will be a good option and more ecco than the 1.6. Ours is using a bit more fuel than we originally thought but for the ride and power its just right.
Love the colour of your car too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts