Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Checking in from Massachusetts. Just purchased a 2012 2LT RS last Friday and already love it. This is my first big car purchase since graduating college two years ago and I've been eyeing the Cruze ever since it debuted. I'm already getting a bunch of compliments on the color (Blue Topaz). Mileage is just shy of 19,000. Took it down to Rhode Island on vacation last week and it averaged a little more than 33 MPG round trip. Can anyone help me out on why there's a silver RS badge instead of a red one? The silver is starting to grow on me, so just curious.

Screen Shot 2015-08-09 at 10.13.04 PM.png

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk and congrats on your new ride. I think some of the RS badges came silver for a while - there was a problem with the red not holding up to the elements.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are there any numbers anywhere that show how many Cruzes of each color have been sold? I know Blue Topaz was around for only '12 and '13.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk! Glad to have you with us! Blue Topaz owner here also!

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Are there any numbers anywhere that show how many Cruzes of each color have been sold? I know Blue Topaz was around for only '12 and '13.
Not that I've been able to get. I was able to get a ranking of 2014 color popularity, but not with numbers.

Also, that silver RS badge, assuming it's the silver one and not that the red fell out, is kinda rare. They were having issues with that badge supplier (red insert peeling off), so they switched to a fully chrome RS badge I think around October/November of 2011. They ran it through sometime in January of 2012, when they found a better red insert/supplier and went back to the red ones. Sure, you can swap red ones out without issue though, they are just taped on with no alignment pins. If you go that route, I'd put some tape along the top and side of the current badge as an alignment position. Peel the old one off, clean off the old adhesive and prep the surface, and then stick the new one on in the same spot.

Reactions: Starks8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts