Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just bought a 2014 Cruze 1LT Automatic, pre-owned (at 49,000km) a couple weeks ago!

Initially it drove with below average mileage and there was some unusual vibration coming out of the dash during driving. After I did the basic maintenance necessary, it drove like new; I know someone who has the exact same vehicle (in fact I picked it out for them after reviewing all of the other options in the compact segment at the time) and they bought it brand new so I know how the thing should drive.

The maintenance:

First off was the tire pressure - after driving around with terrible mileage, it occurred to me only after to check the tires, lol. I plugged in my air pump and the gauge read only 23 psi at cold! I filled them up to 35.

Next was bringing it into a dealership to take care of a couple of outstanding recalls, one being a recall on a cracked front axle and the other being to check for any coolant leakage. The coolant was fine, and they replaced the axle.

While I was there, I was told that I would need to do an ATF flush as it needs to be performed every 50,000km. I had that done, as well as an oil change as the sticker that was on the windshield said the next change needed to be at 53,000km or April 2015 o.o .

Needless to say, after the axle recall, oil change, and ATF flush, the Cruze drove like it was supposed to, and I'm quite happy with it.

I also got the mudflaps installed to try to prevent the paint chipping issues along the left rear door seam, but I made my mistake of having it done at the dealership - they charged me $122 for the flaps and $75 for labour for the installation. Ah well, at least I know it was done right.

Next up is to have the dealership check out the electronics because I'm getting that problem once in a while of the radio flickering and the dashboard lighting up saying "Service Stabilitrak". I luckily got the flickering on video and I've seen that it might have something to do with the negative battery cable. The dealership is going to take a look at it after the holidays. Hopefully they can find the problem.

Regardless, after being aware of the other options in the compact segment, I'm proud to say that I'm the owner of a Chevrolet Cruze. Let's see how it goes in the coming years.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Welcome! Looks like you've made great use of the forum and general car knowledge to get the thing in peak working condition! Good luck with the rest of the service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts