Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my name is Jonathan and i've got 23 years old. I live near of Québec city. For the past 5 years, i've been riding my chevy cavalier Z-Type 2004 and I was in love with it. Unfortunelaty, it has been Wrecked in an accident (sunfire owner hit me on the drivers side)...

So I wanted to give GM a chance again with the cruze, so I bought a used Cruze 2013 2LT RS with the red hot color, leather and heated seats, 6 speed manual. I've got it since last weeks already and i've done already 600km on it, oups excuse me 375 miles on it :).

By the way, i'm a MPG freak, so i love to get low fuel consumption (i was getting often high 30's with the cavy, which is awesome for this motor). I will probably make a post to get more hint to get better MPG. I would have liked a ECO M6 for the impressive 40+ mpg, but the RS package wins on me lol! For the moment, i've got 38 MPG for the first tank on it and I don't know the perfect shift point yet (For the moment, I trust the shift light which looks not bad!)

Here is now some picture of my cruze on the delivery day (october 14th 2014)
Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Chevrolet
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Sedan
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Mid-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Chevrolet
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Full-size car Sedan
Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Emblem
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Executive car Mid-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Car seat cover
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Chevrolet cruze
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part Family car

Thank you to share your comments!

Excuse me for the bad language, i'm not an expert in English, but I think you still understand what I want to mean :)

Have a nice night group!

Jonathan

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi Jonathan,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Cruze purchase. It's beautiful :). If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know! We have a French Canadian agent here who would be happy to assist you in your native language to make you feel more comfortable. We like to accommodate all! Enjoy!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Hi Jonathan - welcome to CruzeTalk and I'm glad to see we got your account working.

Don't trust the shift light. You can shift a few hundred RPM sooner and do better. Take a look in our Fuel Economy area for tips on improving your fuel economy.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Jonathan - welcome to CruzeTalk and I'm glad to see we got your account working.

Don't trust the shift light. You can shift a few hundred RPM sooner and do better. Take a look in our Fuel Economy area for tips on improving your fuel economy.
Thank you a lot I appreciate it,

When i'm at 3rd, 4th or 5th gear , the shift light comes on at about 1500-1600 rpm when i go easy with the throttle, is it dangerous to lugging the engine if I shift at 1300-1400???

Have a nice night!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts