Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been creeping these forums for a while now.. Just joined a couple nights ago after my first new car purchase a 2015 1LT 6 speed manual Cruze.

Being a licenced tech at a Chevrolet dealer, I have driven in many different chevrolets. Back in 2011 when the Cruze first came out I drove many automatic cruzes.I was impressed the 1.4 had a bit of pep to it and could move a car full of 4 grown men quickly. But it was just another GM to me, nothing really impressed me about it.

Then one day I get a job that required a road test, I arrive to the same old boring Cruze (no offence to you automatic owners)and see a manual gearbox, hmmmm I said to myself.. ok, let's go for a drive. I get in, push the clutch and slide that ever so smooth shifter into first, release the clutch slowly and start moving towards the exit of my dealership. I was immediately confused, was I in a GM vehicle??? How could it of been this smooth? I get out on the street and am blown away at how amazing it is to drive, I cannot believe how smooth it was.

Driving in stock tune is fun for me, so when I go the trifecta route I'll be even more impressed!!

·
Super Moderator
5,165 Posts
Yep I have owned a Camaro5 spd, Beretta 5 Spd, Achieva 5 spd and 2 Alero 5 spds and both Cruze's I have owned 2011 LS and 2012 Eco have been 6 Ms and they are definitely improved over prior manual versions of GM cars and as previously discussed, the tune will make it all the more exciting! The only thing that threw me for a while was reverse all the way to the left and up instead of over to the right and down. Congrats and Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here!!!! Where are you from and got any pics?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much! I am from Ontario, Canada. Just outside of Ottawa.
I have not taken pics yet, I am waiting for tint which happens this week lol. I feel naked driving her without tint.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Welcome! Really wish i had bought a manual...But, LONG STORY...my Cruze was supposed to be for the wife (who can't drive stick shift), when she decided she didn't want it i got stuck with it. LOL! I still love my car.

·
2,254 Posts
Welcome!

Looking back on it I wish mine was a manual also. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Welcome! If the Cruze Diesel had a manual transmission I definitely would have went for it. I'll have to settle with the automatic this time around.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
A far cry from our old 04 Cavalier, where reverse was located where high gear should be. With the Cruze that took about five seconds to get use to. After almost hitting the wall in my garage.

Another thing I quickly noticed with the Cruze compared to old MT vehicles, no longer was hitting my chin with my knee when shifting from gas to brakes. Ha, practically all British sports cars of the 50's were the way, just had to been your foot to the left as the brake pedal was on the same plane as the gas pedal. Good grief, only took Chevy 60 years to get this right.

Ha, in driving many 30's car with the gear shift on the floor and a sweet young thing sitting aside of you, had to be very careful you didn't bump her where you weren't suppose to. This new fangled center console sure took care of this problem. But certainly unhandy when trying to do IP repairs, that gear shift lever may end up in a hole in your rear that isn't very comfortable.

·
Registered
91 Posts
something like that I believe,austria or hungary one or the other,anyways lets just generalise and say its made in europe:grin:

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk and congrats on your Cruze. Our transmissions were made in Austria for 2011 but the 2012 and newer models have the transmission made in North America - not sure if Mexico, US, or Canada.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts