Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

New Cruze owner (MO)

Tags
cruze owner
2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  ssnscruzeeco2015 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, new to the site and to the Cruze. I'm finishing up paperwork tomorrow with the dealer on turning in my lease on my 2013 GMC Sierra for a used 2015 Cruze LTZ. Kind of needing the MPG's as my daily commute is about 70 miles round trip. Anyway, I figured I'd hop in here because I'm already wanting to do a few small things to it and want to see if anyone has any experience with some of the aftermarket parts I'm looking at.

The Cruze I'm buying has the black leather interior but the dash and door panel trim is that goofy mesh material. I found a site last night that sells a 28 piece trim set in carbon fiber for like $125, not sure how much work it is to replace all the dash trim and if anyone has used this particular company and can speak to how the quality is?

http://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/20chcrbadatr.html

I guess I could mention that although I'm new to the Cruze, I have been around GM vehicles ever since I could drive. Still have my 1991 Z28, and have also had a variety of other GM vehicles (2006 Grand Prix, 2007 Cobalt SS/SC, 2009 G8 GT, 2000 Silverado, and the Sierra I'm leasing). Seems like the Cruze has a lot better build quality than the Cobalt and Grand Prix, just a little down on power though. I currently also have a 2014 KIA Optima 2.0T and that thing will run the pants off the 1.4T. But it also only gets about 28-30mpg mixed. :)

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Yea I agree the Optima is not in the same class but when you go from driving it to driving the Cruze it's hard not to compare them even though it's apples to oranges. :) Either way I'm happy with it, my only gripe is the lack of storage space, like cubbies to hold your phone and such.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.