Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Names nick and i have a 2012 1lt rs with the 16 inch wheels. I really want the ltz 18 inch wheels but dont know if they would fit! Does anyone know and if so is there anywhere i can trade my 16 inch to the 18 inch and just pay the difference cause i wont be needing the 16 inch anymore. Thanks for the help!

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Strong consideration was given with the wheels for our then new Cruze, those 16" steel coaster size wheels are worthless in driving in Wisconsin snow. Besides getting a spare tire and 17" alloy wheels with the 2LT and looking at the price difference between the lower cost models. Only had to pay a little extra to get what we wanted.

18" wheels, that's only an extra half inch in the radius, but a lower profile tire, but looking up the replacement cost, quite a bit more. Tire width that really counts is about the same. Plus I like the five spoke wheels, a lot easier to clean. And then with Continental tires with an 80,000 mile thread wear guarantee. Took the effort to get each serial number off each tire and registered these with Continental on their website.

Finally got a car with a dead accurate speedometer and from the factory, another consideration. Paying an extra thousand for leather, power drivers seat, a spare tire, a superior radio seemed like a bargain. One gentleman on this board stating paying an extra 700 bucks just to install a spare tire in his Eco.

Wife wanted GPS, but paying 2,000 bucks extra for just two GPS chips added plus learning an extra 200 bucks for each map update seemed a bit unreasonable.

They call this doing your homework first. What, no cruise control in the LS? Ha, without it, may start off at 55, but after a couple of hours like this will be driving 90, think about the cost in speeding tickets. At least my Cruze was preprogrammed for fog lamps. Unbelievable the night driving improved with these, got by with an OE kit for 130 bucks after some research.

Already know this car is going to be in the trashcan in a couple of years, so think about the cost per mile in driving. Gas alone is over a dime per mile.

·
10,712 Posts
Strong consideration was given with the wheels for our then new Cruze, those 16" steel coaster size wheels are worthless in driving in Wisconsin snow. Besides getting a spare tire and 17" alloy wheels with the 2LT and looking at the price difference between the lower cost models. Only had to pay a little extra to get what we wanted.

18" wheels, that's only an extra half inch in the radius, but a lower profile tire, but looking up the replacement cost, quite a bit more. Tire width that really counts is about the same. Plus I like the five spoke wheels, a lot easier to clean. And then with Continental tires with an 80,000 mile thread wear guarantee. Took the effort to get each serial number off each tire and registered these with Continental on their website.

Finally got a car with a dead accurate speedometer and from the factory, another consideration. Paying an extra thousand for leather, power drivers seat, a spare tire, a superior radio seemed like a bargain. One gentleman on this board stating paying an extra 700 bucks just to install a spare tire in his Eco.

Wife wanted GPS, but paying 2,000 bucks extra for just two GPS chips added plus learning an extra 200 bucks for each map update seemed a bit unreasonable.

They call this doing your homework first. What, no cruise control in the LS? Ha, without it, may start off at 55, but after a couple of hours like this will be driving 90, think about the cost in speeding tickets. At least my Cruze was preprogrammed for fog lamps. Unbelievable the night driving improved with these, got by with an OE kit for 130 bucks after some research.

Already know this car is going to be in the trashcan in a couple of years, so think about the cost per mile in driving. Gas alone is over a dime per mile.
Yep Homework is not just for good grades in a class you will never use again in life. I had to weigh out Eco mt vs Ls mt since none of the other LT/Z cars were mt and I needed to drive away today with a car. Cruise control was the biggest turnoff since I already priced out radios and wheels for the LS. I almost fell into 1.4 1.8 have same hp numbers why pay more for smaller engine till I test drove. For $1100 more I got a lighter car with turbo, cruise, wheels, spoiler, 7 inch touch screen plus no 1960's 2 tone interior. My only regret is RS package that we couldn't get and maybe the back up camera for all this street side parking I been doing lately.

XxHOneyBadger, the wheels fit perfectly and look way better than the others. Welcome to the forums!

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Price was the same, but did have to wait six weeks to get exactly what we wanted. Did have one close, but close only counts in horse shoes. And was 400 miles away, but then getting a used car instead of a new one.

Not thinking about it, those six weeks went by in a hurry.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats good! yea i really want them but i seen a few pics on here of the 16 inch plasti dipped and they actually look pretty good so its going to be a lot cheaper than trying to buy the LTZ wheels! i just put some pics up today of the ride and some things i want to do is plasti dip the emblems and wheels and tint the windows i was wanting to put a rear diffuser on it to make it look more aggressive but i found out that i cant put one on cause i have the RS package.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts