Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just picked up a 2015 Cruze 1LT stick shift a few days ago. I like the car alot for the most part. Im not crazy about the drive by wire or electronic steering, but thats the time we live in.

Ive noticed this car does have a finickey transmission. Ive read somewhere that the manuals were underfilled from the factory, dont know if it was just the eariler models or that mine is affected too.

Ive read conflicting info on how much transmission fluid to put it. Whats wrong with filling the transmission like any other car till its level with the fill plug?

I have a clunk comming from the passenger side rear, thinking it might be the suspension but havent been able to trace it down. It only clunks on uneven pavement not when going over speedbumps or hitting potholes.

Thanks

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
2.5 qts. Use the Amsoil 75w90 or Synchromesh for a better experience.

Rear clunk - check out the right rear shock and make sure the top hat is not detached from the rest of it. It isn't uncommon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks picked up the 75-90 MTF. Local autoparts store has both on the shelf flipped a coin lol

$15.99 syrcromesh
$16.80 75-90

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another question. Is there a bolt on cat back exhaust that stands above the rest as far as sound and build quality and hp gains or is it like a Ford vs Chevy question?

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,664 Posts
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

There are a bunch! Borla, Magnaflow, Trubendz, and do you want single or dual, etc.

Also look on youtube for sound clips

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank youI was thinking on doing a single exhaust, figure its lighter and the bumper is cut out for a single but Im not set in my ways. I have been looking at youtube videos but listening through a cell phone speaker isnt doing any justice.I was checking in on if there was a particular exhaust that's the cats ass that everyone is running.Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the top hat do you mean the plastic shock body that moves slightly on the aluminum shock mount to the car body?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I changed the tranny fluid today. Looks like it was changed right before I bought the car, measured it out and got 1 quart 24oz out.I was dissapointed to find out the the transmission drain plug is not magnetic to collet metal shavings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts