Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2014 Cruze TDI today. Great rebates on left over 2014s ($4500!).

Anyway, this is my first Cruze and first diesel vehicle. Fill me in on what to expect which might alarm a first time diesel owner.

I'm excited to reach the "800 club" in fuel economy. With only 200 miles I'm already tracking 48 MPG.

·
Administrator
25,079 Posts
Welcome and Congrats.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome! This is my first forced induction vehicle, let alone diesel. I've had mine for about a month and half and nearly 2500 miles on her. The only quirk that really stick out in my mind is the transmission; I can feel it downshift frequently as I come to a top on city streets. It's neither good nor bad, just sticks out like there is a 'sport' mode or something left on. The beauty of the car is it's ridiculous highway mileage (I'm in the 50s all day cruising at the speed limit on the interstate) and the fact that it drives like a bigger/more powerful car compared to it's gas brethren. Yes, it weighs a good bit more than the competition but that gives it a substantial feel on the road and a general feeling of solidity. Also, it's nice to accelerate moderately and not feel like you're revving the crap out of your car; I rarely go over 3K rpms.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts