Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new-to-me 2012 Cruze with the 1.4L Turbo, and a manual transmission, my previous car was my first car, which I owned for a whopping seven years, and put 110,000 miles on, a 95 Saturn SC2, so according to a lot of my friends and coworkers, a major upgrade. Though, everyone has different, and mostly unreasonable opinions why it's a major upgrade ranging from 'oh it has a turbo' to 'it's a newer model year', or just because it's a faster car. I told them we've yet to see that it's the better car, as I grade my cars by their reliability. The Saturn did 6 years of nothing but maintenance services. On the plus side, I see Cruzes everywhere, so they've clearly had good market penetration, and at the very least will have great parts support further down the road. The Cruze I bought came with 96,xxx miles, all of which I'm guessing to have been highway miles, due to the service history that I managed to acquire from a friend that works a GM Parts counter. I'm the third owner of the car, which has had some small, but amusing modifications to it, such as a Sub, modded in to the trunk's floor.

Now a little about me, I guess, cuz I hate doing these. Most of this can be read in my profile too, but I'm an FCA Certified Dealer tech, so I fix crappy Chrysler cars. Our auto group has a Ford and a Chevy store, too, so I see both of those on occasion too, of the 6 brands I see, the Chevrolets definitely come in the least, with Jeeps taking #1 on 'most serviced'. (Proof that they suck? Haha.) I'm an eclectic one otherwise. I'm a mix of jock and nerd, all my life I've played hockey, but I've also played video games, and not like Call of Duty either, where it's acceptable in the 'meathead circles', no no, I play the dorky games.

Aaand that's all I'm gonna give ya for now. I figure if anything happens with this car that someone here has seen it before, and it can save me some time on diagnostic.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,936 Posts
I just bought a new-to-me 2012 Cruze with the 1.4L Turbo, and a manual transmission, my previous car was my first car, which I owned for a whopping seven years, and put 110,000 miles on, a 95 Saturn SC2, so according to a lot of my friends and coworkers, a major upgrade. Though, everyone has different, and mostly unreasonable opinions why it's a major upgrade ranging from 'oh it has a turbo' to 'it's a newer model year', or just because it's a faster car. I told them we've yet to see that it's the better car, as I grade my cars by their reliability. The Saturn did 6 years of nothing but maintenance services. On the plus side, I see Cruzes everywhere, so they've clearly had good market penetration, and at the very least will have great parts support further down the road. The Cruze I bought came with 96,xxx miles, all of which I'm guessing to have been highway miles, due to the service history that I managed to acquire from a friend that works a GM Parts counter. I'm the third owner of the car, which has had some small, but amusing modifications to it, such as a Sub, modded in to the trunk's floor.

Now a little about me, I guess, cuz I hate doing these. Most of this can be read in my profile too, but I'm an FCA Certified Dealer tech, so I fix crappy Chrysler cars. Our auto group has a Ford and a Chevy store, too, so I see both of those on occasion too, of the 6 brands I see, the Chevrolets definitely come in the least, with Jeeps taking #1 on 'most serviced'. (Proof that they suck? Haha.) I'm an eclectic one otherwise. I'm a mix of jock and nerd, all my life I've played hockey, but I've also played video games, and not like Call of Duty either, where it's acceptable in the 'meathead circles', no no, I play the dorky games.

Aaand that's all I'm gonna give ya for now. I figure if anything happens with this car that someone here has seen it before, and it can save me some time on diagnostic.
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

Check out My Cheverolet for service and warranty information on your vehicle. You just need to register and have your VIN with you. If you have other Chevys, register them as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

Check out My Chevrolet for service and warranty information on your vehicle. You just need to register and have your VIN with you. If you have other Chevys, register them as well.
Hey thanks, this is pretty neat! I did a stint with Chevy, so I have a pretty good idea of service intervals, already, but this helps, since I didn't stay there long.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk! :welcome:

If you have any pictures of your Cruze, we'd love to see it!

And also, define "dorky games"?? lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Chevrolet Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Full-size car Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Chevrolet Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Chevrolet cruze
These are the only pictures I've been able to take so far, the first one is at the Dealership, before I took it for a test drive, the next 3 are from the first week driving it, and were taken at work. I work like 10 hours a day, and in the winter, that has equated to "From before dawn, til after sunset", so I haven't had an opportunity to go and take more pictures.

As for the games, my best example of dorky, would be I'm replaying the Baldur's Gate games right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts