Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I've got a 2015 Cruze LT1 that I'm looking to do some performance upgrades to and wanted the opinions of others first. What I'm thinking first is getting a tuner. I'm looking at the Advantage + by Trifecta... Yay? Nay? Thoughts?

TRIFECTA - 2011+ Chevrolet Cruze - 1.4L Turbo Advantage+

Was also thinking of a cold air intake but I haven't seen any that go down to the wheel well ... just up in the engine bay..

Another is a 4 wheel disc brake conversion kit..

Lastly, my exhaust.. open to all opinions here as I don't even know where to start

Thanks and have a fantastic day!

·
2,170 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Glad to hear you picked such a fine automobile! I have two suggestions for your cruze.

Ultra-gauge:
This is an excellent tool for monitoring boost if you chose the turbo engine. This is not a tuner, but instead a monitor for the cars various sensors and readings. It can read and clear trouble codes as well as tracking 0-60 0-100 and many more things!
UltraGauge OBDII Scan tool & Information Center

The second suggestion is to replace and upgrade the intercooler and piping. I haven't personally done this but from what I hear the stock intercooler isn't very good. I've noticed on my ultra guage that the intake temperatures are usually only about 3-5 degrees higher than the outside air temp with the stock setup.

Good luck, and make sure to post pictures as you go!

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
Before you start tuning i would let the warranty run out as a precaution. You paid for it might as well use it.disk conversion is good upgrade but unless your in very mountenouse area or on the track a lot not needed. 60-70% is done upfront anyway. I would start with a window tint so keep as much uv off the interior and off your skin, nice weather teck hard mats.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Welcome! Tune has a 'ghost' mode to not allow anyone to see it, so it should be fine for the warranty...many of us have been rocking it under warranty.

Also use premium gas, gap your plugs to .028-.030, either a SRI or CAI, and exhaust system and it's a pretty mean car! Have fun with it!

P.S. BadNewsRacing usually has a black friday sale; i highly suggest the shark fin antenna, one of the best aesthetic mods you can do IMO

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome! Tune has a 'ghost' mode to not allow anyone to see it, so it should be fine for the warranty...many of us have been rocking it under warranty.

Also use premium gas, gap your plugs to .028-.030, either a SRI or CAI, and exhaust system and it's a pretty mean car! Have fun with it!

P.S. BadNewsRacing usually has a black friday sale; i highly suggest the shark fin antenna, one of the best aesthetic mods you can do IMO
I thought the tuner sounded like a solid idea.. for me anyway, I don't have the eco mode so the tuner will give that to me for whenever I'm travelling long distances and apparently the WHP and torque increases are quite substantial... for less than $500 Canadian, I'm pretty sure it's a done deal.

as far as SRI or CAI goes...what the heck is that? LOL!

I'll have a look at badnewsracing but with how crappy our dollar is, it might not be worth it! LOL!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Before you start tuning i would let the warranty run out as a precaution. You paid for it might as well use it.disk conversion is good upgrade but unless your in very mountenouse area or on the track a lot not needed. 60-70% is done upfront anyway. I would start with a window tint so keep as much uv off the interior and off your skin, nice weather teck hard mats.
thanks pandrad61.. windows were tinted immediately lol! I had a 2010 fusion before and the brakes were amazing so going to these stock drum crap just feels too soft

·
Vendor
1,144 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Cruze! You're doing great job on it. You'll find some interesting info on this forum. If you haven't found what you're looking for, feel free to post a question. If you have knowledge that someone else is looking for, feel free to share!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts