Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,015 Posts
I have a Gen I and am currently running 93 although I have heard 91 is OK, but for me it is a hassle to get it. I went to the dyno recently and it shows the timing was being pulled on 87. I was going to return today to the dyno, but the quarantine says otherwise. Maybe in a few more weeks if I'm lucky.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a Gen I and am currently running 93 although I have heard 91 is OK, but for me it is a hassle to get it. I went to the dyno recently and it shows the timing was being pulled on 87. I was going to return today to the dyno, but the quarantine says otherwise. Maybe in a few more weeks if I'm lucky.
So for my Gen 2 would it be safe to say just run the best gas available? Either 93 or 91? I don't care about the couple/few dollars more it costs to fill it.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,015 Posts
So for my Gen 2 would it be safe to say just run the best gas available? Either 93 or 91? I don't care about the couple/few dollars more it costs to fill it.
There are a number of threads on this subject. It seems as if any boosted car could benefit from better octane. So far for me, the 93 works.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The best they sell in my area is 91. That's what I use. Works great for me. My go to gas station is shell, I like the v power nitro

·
Registered
122 Posts
The best they sell in my area is 91. That's what I use. Works great for me. My go to gas station is shell, I like the v power nitro
I thought about trying that Shell v power there's a place right down the road that has it but it is pretty expensive. Ive just been sticking to the cheapest place to get premium which is where ive been going. I just put a bottle of that amsoil pi in my tank

1 - 12 of 12 Posts