Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up folks. I needed a reliable daily since I'm soon to be a dad! Found a 2016 Cruze Limited with 4 miles her, at the local Chevrolet dealer. It had a GM rebate of $6000, plus my GM supplier rebate was $1500, which made it a great deal! So far I really like the car as a daily, but noticed it trails all of it's competition in power... and it shows. I had to change that, so I ordered the BNR tune. Pulled the stock Engine and Trans files just this past week and sent them to BNR, but haven't heard back from them yet. I'm pretty stoked to see what they can do with a stock setup on 93 oct. The Cruze will stay "tune only" since I use it for commuting and have a 5th Gen to get in trouble with. Overall, the Cruze makes my 100 mile, round trip commute, very easy. I'm sure the tune will improve that.

Reactions: Kurtish124

·
Super Moderator
5,171 Posts
Welcome and congrats on being a dad! Sounds like you got a great deal on the Limited! What color is it any pics yet? The tune along with the 93 octane will surely wake the car up and make your drive a lot easier.

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum! That's quite a commute.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She's dirty but I've been out datalogging the base tune in the winter weather.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Front

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome folks!! Thus far the car is great for my commute and BNR's base tune makes it so much easier. About 20miles of my 50mile, one-way, commute is a road that some Semi drivers like to use if they are trying to skip the scales on a nearby interstate, and they have to drive about 50-55mph since the road passes through a lake. Before, I wouldn't attempt to pass, but now the car has no issue passing the occasional rig. I don't even have to go WOT! Very impressed with their tuning! Waiting to hear back about how my 1st data log looks.

On an off-note...My co-worker just bought a 98 trans am WS6 (exhaust only), as a project car, and I wanted to run him in my weekend warrior SS but he says he wants to wait until he's accomplished some work to the engine before racing a low 12 sec 5th Gen. But.... he said that he would run the Cruze, after work, for laughs, since I've been talking up BNRs tune at work. I'll try to post a link of the vid of the ass whooping the Cruze puts on him, lol! :grin: I wish!

·
10,712 Posts
Welcome and a tune is all you really need. later you may decide on deleting the last muffler but that's gonna be more a sound than performance gain.

·
Registered
130 Posts
What's up folks. I needed a reliable daily since I'm soon to be a dad! Found a 2016 Cruze Limited with 4 miles her, at the local Chevrolet dealer. It had a GM rebate of $6000, plus my GM supplier rebate was $1500, which made it a great deal! So far I really like the car as a daily, but noticed it trails all of it's competition in power... and it shows. I had to change that, so I ordered the BNR tune. Pulled the stock Engine and Trans files just this past week and sent them to BNR, but haven't heard back from them yet. I'm pretty stoked to see what they can do with a stock setup on 93 oct. The Cruze will stay "tune only" since I use it for commuting and have a 5th Gen to get in trouble with. Overall, the Cruze makes my 100 mile, round trip commute, very easy. I'm sure the tune will improve that.
Dude! We are the same person... I just became a dad, and I've got a (13) Cruze daily, and a 45th Anniversary M6!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dude! We are the same person... I just became a dad, and I've got a (13) Cruze daily, and a 45th Anniversary M6!
Thats crazy!! I'm really happy with both Chevy's so far. I wish my SS weighed less, like the 50th Anniversary, but that's it. CincySpeed tuned in the headers amazingly. Jerry's "Base" tune to the Cruze needs some minor tweaking, but it looks like BNR's tuning will be amazing as well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Installed the Ultraguage blue last night. Pretty cool app. Heard good things about the ZZP downpipe too...and talk about a cheap and easy mod. Snatched one up; now just waiting for an updated tune, from BNR, before installing. Looks like it should only take 30 min to install.
Car Vehicle Speedometer Steering wheel Electronics

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, wasn't expecting the turbine wheel and waste gate sound to be so pronounced after installing the DP. lol! But BNR should make me forget about that after they update the tune for some extra power.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts