Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I turned in my leased in April of 2015 Cruze eco manual and purchased a 2017 LT Sedan automatic in Summit White. It has the "Convenience Package", "Drive Confidence Package" and the "RS Package".

So far I'm still getting to know the car but am enjoying it. I just did my first fill up yesterday, about 480 miles on the car now. I was in Canada for the last 2.5 weeks with my family so it slept in the garage while we were gone.

I never had any desire to mod my eco, but since I purchased this one I've got some serious itch to accesorize. I don't think I even looked for any performance options on the 2015, but I'm interested in hearing about any experience with the performance options Chevy has for the 2016.5+ models. I see they have brake, spring and exhaust upgrades. No money for it for now, but maybe in the future.

Thanks all!

This was a photo of the car from the dealer's web site. I haven't taken any yet.
15106265864.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Congrats on Cruze #2 and welcome. (Nice color)

Reactions: chevrasaki

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on Cruze #2 and welcome. (Nice color)
Thanks! I've never much cared for white, but I like this one. I'm planning to black out the chevy logos, I especially like that look on white body. Maybe do a little debadging beyond that.

Also plan to replace the rear view mirror with an auto-dimming mirror with homelink off ebay. My '15 eco had auto-dimming, and I used to drive Saabs and my last couple I had auto-diming mirrors so I've gotten used to it.

·
Super Moderator
5,014 Posts
Welcome Nice looking car Sound like me get one then you're hooked and get another one. Only thing I'm on my 4th one now actually got a 2014 and a2013 right now one an auto LT(son is using) the other a manual LT RS(mine: I like the manual).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome Nice looking car Sound like me get one then you're hooked and get another one. Only thing I'm on my 4th one now actually got a 2014 and a2013 right now d one an auto LT(son is using) the other a manual LT RS(mine: I like the manual).
I'm a manual sort myself, but with all the construction this summer I've gotten tired of working that left pedal in stop in go traffic. I mostly use my car for work driving all over the twin cities area so I always seem to get stuck in it somewhere. I'm sure after a year or so of driving an automatic again I'll get sick of it and want a manual again.

I test drove a manual hatchback but I didn't care for the clutch, and the hatch actually seems to have less usable space in the trunk (with the parcel shelf down) than the sedan. I'm usually hauling tools and computer parts around so I like having that secured space.

·
Super Moderator
5,014 Posts
I'm a manual sort myself, but with all the construction this summer I've gotten tired of working that left pedal in stop in go traffic. I mostly use my car for work driving all over the twin cities area so I always seem to get stuck in it somewhere. I'm sure after a year or so of driving an automatic again I'll get sick of it and want a manual again.

I test drove a manual hatchback but I didn't care for the clutch, and the hatch actually seems to have less usable space in the trunk (with the parcel shelf down) than the sedan. I'm usually hauling tools and computer parts around so I like having that secured space.
I understand entirely(as if that matters LOL) typically after I buy a car with an auto I think when will I get my next stick. Even tho I am married: for the longest time I was the only one driving as my wife and son did not have their licenses. So it was whatever I wanted and Cincinnati
traffic was not that bad. Now they both drive and my last car 2012 Eco with a manual(really not built for Cincinnati city driving with all the hills), I thought I would buy an LT auto so everyone could drive it. See how long that lasted, 3 mos and I bought another 6M.... LOL LT none the less
Son's car was slowly dying and wife uses has her Accord. I gave him the LT Auto and bought my 6M again. Son can drive it just doesn't like it?
I didn't know about the space of the hatch and from what I saw the interior space of the sedan looked more roomy that the first generation Cruze so I considered also. Anyway congrats............

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,360 Posts
Looks great in white (totally not biased...I only have two Summit White cars myself, haha)!

Welcome!

Reactions: Rivergoer

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I used to have the mentality "Manual or nothing" but ever since I got my MX-5 with it's amazing 6-speed manual, it makes my Cruze's 6-speed manual feel truly awful. I'm pretty sure whatever I replace the Cruze with next (most likely a Sierra/Silverado) will have an auto and I'm not even mad. But I think I'll always have to have at least one vehicle that is manual in my garage.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
The single most important modification you're going to want to do, is get the car tuned, if you're looking at options to do something to it. After driving a stock one, for so long, getting it tuned would amaze you. Its worth every penny. And i have a little knowledge of tuned Cruzes (See signature) I drove my 2014, tuned, for about 90,000 of the 107K miles I owned it. I wouldn't drive a Cruze without it. Currently, Im talking to Jerry @BNR, we've been having a little communication issue, but I will ave my 2017 tuned, as soon as possible.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Minnesota member. I think your one of the first MN members on here with a GEN 2.

It seems like there's some crazy deals right now in our market. I don't know if the advertised prices are true, but an LT hatch at Belzers for nearly 29% off MSRP is tempting. I keep telling myself my next small fuel efficient car will be electric, but it seems like our market is just getting the Bolts.

A Volt based SUV and I'd be all over that.

Welcome!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Welcome from a fellow Minnesota member. I think your one of the first MN members on here with a GEN 2.

It seems like there's some crazy deals right now in our market. I don't know if the advertised prices are true, but an LT hatch at Belzers for nearly 29% off MSRP is tempting. I keep telling myself my next small fuel efficient car will be electric, but it seems like our market is just getting the Bolts.

A Volt based SUV and I'd be all over that.

Welcome!
I think I got a pretty good deal. Before tax title and licensing I paid 17200, and that was after rolling in 3 lease payments (4 were knocked off with a pull-ahead offer). The advertised MSRP on the dealers web site was 24,725 and they were asking 20,129 (I saved the details before they took it down). I get mileage reimbursement for work, so I pay for the car and associated expenses from that.

I like the idea of an electric car, but they still seem to expensive. The extra cost wipes out the savings on fuel. I'm in my mid-40s now and folding my 6'4 frame in a smallish car is getting a little more challenging, the appeal of a small SUV is starting to make sense to me. I would have been open to an '18 Equinox, but they are too expensive too.

Edit: I just looked at the dealer's site and they are advertising them for not much more than what I paid. Must want to get rid of the last of the '17s before the '18s come in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The single most important modification you're going to want to do, is get the car tuned, if you're looking at options to do something to it. After driving a stock one, for so long, getting it tuned would amaze you. Its worth every penny. And i have a little knowledge of tuned Cruzes (See signature) I drove my 2014, tuned, for about 90,000 of the 107K miles I owned it. I wouldn't drive a Cruze without it. Currently, Im talking to Jerry @BNR, we've been having a little communication issue, but I will ave my 2017 tuned, as soon as possible.
I guess my primary concern with a tune is warranty impact. How has that worked out for you? I didn't do anything to my '15 eco since it was a lease. I just installed a homelink auto-dim mirror in my '17 LT tonight, my eco had an auto-dim mirror and i kind of missed it, so I've further ahead already.

For a couple decades I drove turbo Saabs and I increased the boost in almost all of them. The old ones were easy, twist a pot in the ECU to get more boost. The later cars you would have to buy a tune for initially but some folks reverse engineered the ECUs and wrote a program to make your own tune. I had 2 Saab 9000s and two 9-5s that I tuned myself with those programs.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
I guess my primary concern with a tune is warranty impact. How has that worked out for you? I didn't do anything to my '15 eco since it was a lease. I just installed a homelink auto-dim mirror in my '17 LT tonight, my eco had an auto-dim mirror and i kind of missed it, so I've further ahead already.

For a couple decades I drove turbo Saabs and I increased the boost in almost all of them. The old ones were easy, twist a pot in the ECU to get more boost. The later cars you would have to buy a tune for initially but some folks reverse engineered the ECUs and wrote a program to make your own tune. I had 2 Saab 9000s and two 9-5s that I tuned myself with those programs.
Not sure why I didn’t get a notification for this post, sorry about the delay.

I never had a problem with the warranty. That’s not to say that you wouldn’t. The tune is reversible, and according to the tuners, the way the ecu is flashed, it’s not detectable. This is questionable to some. They believe GM designed the ECU, if they really want to see how many times it’s been flashed, people believe they can. But, I’ve never had an issue. I never did anything else to the last 2 Ecos I had tuned. If the dealer pops the hood, and sees mod after mod, they’re much more likely to blame anything on the reason your car is acting up. While a lot of car manufacturers have relaxed a little more over modifications, some dealers and regionals are still tight about it, if you bring in something broken. I say mod it, and if you have any issues with it, return it to stock. If you take it back to the dealer, with 0 modifications, they’re a lot less likely to blame something else for being the problem, or even question if the car was ever modded, in the first day place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 17 of 17 Posts