Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Google finally released a standalone maps app for iOS tonight and its acting a little funky. I was testing out the voice guided nav on my iPhone 5, when, to my surprise the nav voice came through the car speakers on my 2012 ltz even though I didn't have it plugged in at all. For some reason the app is able to connect to the car through Bluetooth but it functions like a call, so every time it finishes telling you a direction, the car gives the familiar "call ended" prompt. And it does it as if each direction is a separate call. Interesting, though semi annoying too. And no idea how to disable it. It does make me wonder why this is happening at all, but something as simple as streaming pandora while plugged in via USB doesn't work unless you have music or podcast files on your iOS device and it works (although it bugs out every now and then)

anyone else messed with this yet?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,537 Posts
That is awesome! I'll try it out.

I have an iPhone 4 and it doesn't even do turn by turn with the horrid apple maps crap. Have to have a 4s for all that.

Not to mention their landmarks and stuff are all wrong. One of the metro stations in dc was 2 blocks away from where it said it was.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Wife and I purchased Motorola Electrify's, not that we knew what we were buying, but were 75% the retail price. While I said I would never purchase a Motorola phone again, learned that Goggle bought them.

It does have a blue bluetooth icon on the home screen, one touch on that icon, it turns bluetooth off, another touch, switches it back on again. It also came with google nav, does work very well, but not without faults. If you leave that Nav apt on drains the battery within two hours, then you can't use your phone.

Tried to cure this by getting these cigar lighter chargers, those super miniature phone USB connectors tend to break off with the slightest jerk. So I purchased an external battery charger with three extra batteries for her. So far, this is working, she can pop a fully charged battery in about five seconds.

Whenever you install new software, can work very well, or crash your computer or phone, only thing you can do is to report it to the software company or remove it.

I did get a complete Kurzweil music system back then, only supported Apple, so had to buy a Mac. OS came preloaded with the OS, talking when a 40 Mbyte HD ran around a thousand bucks. HD died with really no way to back it up back then. Apple wanted another 300 bucks for a new OS. That is he last time I purchased any Apple products. But filed a complaint with Kurzweil, they supplied what we use to call, IBM compatible software.

Son told me if I invested my savings in Apple stock eight years ago, would be filthy rich today. Only reply I could make, why didn't you tell me this eight years ago?

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Interesting - sounds like Google is using the wrong API within IOS for accessing Bluetooth A2DP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts