Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

We got this Chevy 2 weeks ago and it's been a good car. My only complaint is the power, so I was wondering what people have tried and enjoyed with their Cruzes. I've seen a lot about Tunes being great, though every instance talks about automatics. Anyone have experience with the 1.8L manuals? Also, what type of gains have you seen with the 1.8l with? Thanks in advance! -DWeeB

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm not much help here because my 1.4L turbo is still stock. I'm pretty sure there are a few here with the 1.8L that have tuned it and may be able to give you their thoughts on that.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome. We have a small number of tuned 1.8s. Take a look at badnewsracing.net to see if they have a tune.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Welcome! I kinda like the 1.8 w/MT. Definitely tune, get a good intake, headers and low restriction catback. Lighter weight would also make the car faster. ECO wheels and tires would save weight, the exhaust header mentioned will help with taking a few pounds off. When you need a new battery you can look into light weight (but pricey) alternatives.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts