Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from just south of Houston. The 2017 hatch is interesting and I also want to learn more about the diesel. Looking forward to enjoying time surfing and lurking the forums.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome. The Hatch is new so anything you find we would love to hear about as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been reading here for a few weeks, and recently joined. Got a new 2017 Cruze hatchback, Nightfall metallic gray ordered this weekend. I hope to have some "new" things to share with the group. The dealer found one and is trying to trade with the other dealer for it. We'll see how it goes, maybe have something new next weekend. Wife is upgrading from a 2012 Sonic, to a 2017 Cruze Hatchback Premium, RS.

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2017 Cruze Hatchback LT RS ( upgraded from a 2014 Cruze LT Automatic ) and so far I really love her! It feels more sturdy, lighter for sure and fun to drive. I got plans for it like a Cold Air Intake ( when it finally gets here :joy: ) some 18" wheels and Lowering springs ( Chevy makes them ) and I want to black her out.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I talked with the Cruze Performance Products Engineer at SEMA and while he would not yet share actual HP increase numbers, he did say that not just that they are pleased with the intake (which in and of itself is not surprising considering the source), but that it was producing more than they originally expected.

Separately at SEMA, I talked with a Milford Proving Grounds Cruze Test/Development Engineer about the air intake and the lowered suspension, and he says the two parts make a major performance improvement.

And, lastly, they are working to determine which ones, if any, will be '18 diesel transferable or slightly modifiable. What he did not answer was whether the '18 CTD will have the suspension and/or the brakes as either standard equipment or factory order-able. I asked him that question many different ways, and it was clear that he was going to continue to politely duct answering it no matter how I re-phased it.

If others have not seen what is upcoming, and as always it is not just "promise words" but GM reality when a part number has been assigned, here is what we will be able to purchase.

FullSizeRender.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts