Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I have used this forum for a while now to get information, just made an account yesterday. I own a 2014 Chevy Cruze LT2 with the 1.4 liter engine. I am currently in the middle of an audio install and figured I would introduce myself and show my car and some of the system. It has the Mylink system with the 4 speaker system. I will be keeping the Mylink system as my main head unit. The system to be installed consists of mostly Memphis Car Audio brand gear. I am using a Memphis LL6A line output converter/line driver to feed signal to my amps from the factory speaker wires. I tapped into the factory wires from the driver side kick panel (front speakers), and tapped into the wires for the rear speakers behind the panels next to the seats on each side. For anyone wondering and searching like I was, the front tweeters and door speakers share the SAME signal from the SAME wire in the drivers side kick panel. The connections are three way soldered (no t-taps).I am using 16 gauge MESA brand wiring as the wires feeding my line converter. From the converter, I will be using a Memphis Power Reference 4.50 4 channel amplifier. It will be pushing a set of Memphis M-Class 6.5" components and crossovers in the front doors (the tweeters will be installed in the factory location) and four Memphis 6X9s wired in parallel in a custom enclosure on the rear deck firing towards the front of the vehicle for rear fill. I am using all MESA brand wiring. 1/0 through a MESA fuse holder, through the firewall and down the door sills under the backseat and to a MESA distribution block behind the seat mounted the truck floor under the mat. MESA 4 gauge from there to my amps. For sub stage I will be using 2 12" Memphis Power Reference subs. I have yet to buy/build a box for them, and still need to buy my amp for these subs which will more than likely be a big Memphis amp for future growth as I am thinking of running 4 12" subs total in the end. I will post some pictures in a while, I have only installed the converter and 4 channel amp and wiring so far, front doors are next, this will be an ongoing thread. Thanks for looking guys/gals!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
9,997 Posts
... I will post some pictures in a while...
What did you use to mount to the backs of the seats and do you foresee an issue with being poked in the future by sitting in the seat?

Just a suggestion, use "Paint" to rotate the photo's

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it has been awhile since I have used a forum trying to get used it lol. Thanks for the tip. The amp and converter are mounted using 1 1/2" metal screws with 1/2" nylon spacers under the amps mounting feet to allow the RCAS to be run underneath the amp for a clean look. The entire back of the seats are metal, and only 3/4" or so actually go into the seat, so no worries about damaging anything other than the tiny hole.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I played music pretty loud in my first car, ok some cars since as well. First car was a 68 mustang Fastback, now I don't play music as loud anymore I have tinnitus and that is ringing in the ears, it never goes away. I am 52. I never had a system like you may be installing either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you sir. I like it here so far. Compared to what is available and possible in the car audio world these days this system will be very tame. I would say the benefits of having a fully built system is the quality of your music over factory. Of course you can blast it loud as ****, but low level volumes can be just as enjoyable on a nice system.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got started on the front component install. These are Memphis Car audio MCC6A. I will be mounting the crossovers somewhere under the dash. I did have some issues with a "buzzing" when the headlights were on but I have it figured out now. The tweeters have been installed in the factory tweeter locations for a factory look, and I also did not want to modify the vehicle in a way that cannot be reversed.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will be installing the mids soon, for now the factory mids are still hooked up and playing.I will be fully deadening the front doors. I will be running 16 gauge wire into the door for the mid this way it gets better wire than factory, and again, the factory wire and plug remains intact. I ran a 16 gauge wire to the tweeters from the crossovers also.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So sticking with the theme of not hurting the car in anyway, I used velcro brand strips of velcro to secure the crossovers under the dashboard. This will hold them in pace, and be easy to access if need be.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just ordered my amplifer for the subs. The have been running off the rear channels of my 4 channel amp. I have a Skar RP1500.1 amplifier headed this way. Its a bit much for these two subs, I will wire them to 4 ohms at the amp so they don't see too much power until I can sell these and get my new subs. Just put them in two weeks ago lol. To be continued...

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got my new amp installed this evening. It is noticably louder as is is way more wattage than before. Went ahead and wired at 1 ohm. This is a temporary install of the amp, it has velcro underneath took keep from sliding around for now. Now the headlights are dimming, so I will be doing the big three in 1/0 cables and upgrading the battery to combat this issue. Trunk rattle is way worse as well, will address this also.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts