Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New Cruze owner checking in from Boise, ID.

The car is red 2011 Eco 6M. Loving it so far. Some questions:

1. Is there really no interior trunk release? I haven't found it

2. The Eco has a reduced fuel capacity. Could I swap a tank from a non-Eco to enable 600-mile range? Could it really be that easy? :)

3. The lack of a spare is unnerving. Can the "tub" of the trunk be swapped so that I can have the standard teeny spare and jack from a non-Eco Cruze?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
9,968 Posts
Hello,

2. The Eco has a reduced fuel capacity. Could I swap a tank from a non-Eco to enable 600-mile range? Could it really be that easy? :)

3. The lack of a spare is unnerving. Can the "tub" of the trunk be swapped so that I can have the standard teeny spare and jack from a non-Eco Cruze?

Thanks!
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

3. How to Install a GM Spec'd Spare Tire in the ECO MT Trunk

@arick793 Parts for Sale: Jack kit, tail light, hubcaps, trim etc

·
Administrator
25,602 Posts
Hello,

As far as I can tell the interior trunk release is accessed by pulling down the rear seats and climbing through to the emergency trunk release physically attached to the latch mechanism. :) I think GM took so much heat on this that they added a real interior trunk release in the 2nd generation.

We have the same size tank. What the ECO MT has is a shroud on the main fuel fill vent that causes the tank to stop rapidly venting around 11.5 gallons. If you trickle fill you can add the remaining three gallons. If you're willing to drop the fuel tank and change the fuel pump sending unit with the unit in the LT, LTZ, or ECO AT you'll get the full 15.6 gallons as well.

Thanks!
Follow the link to the GM Spare Tire in my signature for instructions on adding a spare tire to your ECO MT.

Welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! Thanks for the quick replies. I am definitely going to get that FLVV.... Probably get a full assembly from the JY to have a spare pump. I'll also get those spare tire pieces as well.

I honestly don't see a huge MPG difference with the added weight of both (maybe 60-ish pounds?). In other words, less than the weight of 1 passenger.

I'll be able to to go from Boise to San Francisco with gas to spare, and almost to LA on a single tank!

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts