Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 Chevy Cruze Hatchback. Loving the forum. I have talked to few dealers and searched around here a bit, but would like to add heated steering wheel, as we live in michigan. And im not one to like cheap covers. Having a bit of trouble finding answers/parts. From other forums mum gathering a clock spring, steering bolt, and wheel will be needed. Im guessing the wheels didn't all come with elements in them. I have found the part number for just the cruise controller with heat only, but cannot find the whole wheel sub assembly, nor could my dealer. they always seem to have lane assist as well. I guess I could get that wheel and the controller with our lane assist, and swap them, but just extra cost. Also wondering if all the proper wire harness will be there. current wheel has rear audio controls, cruise, and telephone. little over my head, don't mind doing the work, but more of a swap and change guy. will be more than I want to tackle if new wires need to be ran from engine bay. Clock spring part # 39136243, Switch # 39038553 Wheel w/ lane # 39084133 (looking for wheel w/o lane assist) can't seem to find good description or picture. thanks again. happy cruzing

·
Registered
169 Posts
You can save a lot of time and money by taping those Hot Hands packets to the existing steering wheel

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
This would be a nice upgrade that I have been curious about as well. I had the same trouble finding the proper steering wheel part number.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Good info here. While it’s a Colorado all 2015 to 2020ish vehicles are more or less the exact same. Just different parts.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Not sure what color your interior is but the steering wheel 39084133 is Atmosphere color.
Might be easier to find a cruze with the heated wheel w/o lane assist and use the vin to find the part?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Cruze
173 Posts
Says for a 2019, not sure what the difference is between 2019 and the 2016-2018 wheels? They seem to be listed as 2 different wheels.
All the same with the addition to the standard lane keep assist & heated steering wheel for premier models

·
Registered
2018 Cruze LT 1.4L Hatch - Redline Edition
12 Posts
2018 Chevy Cruze Hatchback. Loving the forum. I have talked to few dealers and searched around here a bit, but would like to add heated steering wheel, as we live in michigan. And im not one to like cheap covers. Having a bit of trouble finding answers/parts. From other forums mum gathering a clock spring, steering bolt, and wheel will be needed. Im guessing the wheels didn't all come with elements in them. I have found the part number for just the cruise controller with heat only, but cannot find the whole wheel sub assembly, nor could my dealer. they always seem to have lane assist as well. I guess I could get that wheel and the controller with our lane assist, and swap them, but just extra cost. Also wondering if all the proper wire harness will be there. current wheel has rear audio controls, cruise, and telephone. little over my head, don't mind doing the work, but more of a swap and change guy. will be more than I want to tackle if new wires need to be ran from engine bay. Clock spring part # 39136243, Switch # 39038553 Wheel w/ lane # 39084133 (looking for wheel w/o lane assist) can't seem to find good description or picture. thanks again. happy cruzing

I believe #39084125 is the wheel you're looking for! You'll definitely have to update if you do figure this out. I just purchased a 2018 Hatch as well and looking to make the same upgrade. I was going to be happy just upgrading to leather wrapped but now this has me curious if there's a way to get the heated wheel also.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I believe #39084125 is the wheel you're looking for! You'll definitely have to update if you do figure this out. I just purchased a 2018 Hatch as well and looking to make the same upgrade. I was going to be happy just upgrading to leather wrapped but now this has me curious if there's a way to get the heated wheel also.
Pretty sure this is the clock spring required is p/n 39136243.

I can't see anything that states the wheel p/n 39084125 is heated?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pretty sure this is the clock spring required is p/n 39136243.

I can't see anything that states the wheel p/n 39084125 is heated?
It doesn't state it, but I believe the only models that a leather wrapped wheel were available for were the Premier and Diesel, and both had heated wheels. So I'd assume this wheel has that feature.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
It doesn't state it, but I believe the only models that a leather wrapped wheel were available for were the Premier and Diesel, and both had heated wheels. So I'd assume this wheel has that feature.
I was wondering if "all" leather wrapped wheels have the heater built in? I thought I had seen some that didn't have the button to turn it on so I wasn't sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was wondering if "all" leather wrapped wheels have the heater built in? I thought I had seen some that didn't have the button to turn it on so I wasn't sure.
Not sure. I found this one by looking up the p/n for the Premier model though, and I'm pretty sure they all have a heated, leather wrapped wheel, so I'd imagine this one would have the button. I couldn't find any Cruze in our model year that had leather without being heated as well. I don't have lane assist either, so that's alwhy I was also on the hunt for one without that button. I wish they had an actual item photo not just the parts diagram so it's less of a gamble, but what are you gonna do?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Not sure. I found this one by looking up the p/n for the Premier model though, and I'm pretty sure they all have a heated, leather wrapped wheel, so I'd imagine this one would have the button. I couldn't find any Cruze in our model year that had leather without being heated as well. I don't have lane assist either, so that's alwhy I was also on the hunt for one without that button. I wish they had an actual item photo not just the parts diagram so it's less of a gamble, but what are you gonna do?
Yeah can't find a good picture at all. I don't have lane assist either. I may just give it a go. It looks like it comes with all buttons and trim?

Need the clock spring, complete wheel and a new bolt to mount the wheel. Not sure what the p/n is for that?

It sounds like the wiring harness in the column should already be there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah can't find a good picture at all. I don't have lane assist either. I may just give it a go. It looks like it comes with all buttons and trim?

Need the clock spring, complete wheel and a new bolt to mount the wheel. Not sure what the p/n is for that?

It sounds like the wiring harness in the column should already be there.
Yeah that's what I gather. And yes, the wheel should come with everything so based on my research you should just need the clock spring and a new bolt. The bolt p/n is #11612146

Let me know how it goes if you do give it a try!

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
The heated steering wheel is self contained as far the heating and module and such go. It merely need power and ground. It takes less than 5 minutes to make all the major checks to see if your car needs wiring mods.

Power is supplied from fuse45 underhood. If you don't have this fuse you'll likely need to manufacture some wiring to the column. If you have the fuse, all the power circuits should exist. It also get ground through the coil.
You need to remove your upper column cover and inspect connector #1 on the coil to determine if the vehicle wiring is all present. Using a small pick, or screwdriver, or whatever you need to disengage to clips that hold the top steering column cover on. Turn the wheel to 3oclock and to 9oclock to access these.
Once those bottom clips are disengaged just pry/push up (towards roof) on the trim and pop it ( no need to remove it fully)
With top trim up you'll see the yellow wide airbag coil connector #1. If the top and bottom locations on the driver's side are populated with wires(they'll be the largest in the connector) then a heated wheel and airbag coil will be a plug and play affair.
This is very likely if you have an LT or higher with heated seats. If you have and L or LS your luck will vary wildly.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
While there are 3 different airbag coils listed I haven't ever measured the different ones. Again if you have vehicle without keyless access you most likely need a coil. If you have keyless access I would inspect/test before I bought a coil.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
While there are 3 different airbag coils listed I haven't ever measured the different ones. Again if you have vehicle without keyless access you most likely need a coil. If you have keyless access I would inspect/test before I bought a coil.

The heated steering wheel is self contained as far the heating and module and such go. It merely need power and ground. It takes less than 5 minutes to make all the major checks to see if your car needs wiring mods.

Power is supplied from fuse45 underhood. If you don't have this fuse you'll likely need to manufacture some wiring to the column. If you have the fuse, all the power circuits should exist. It also get ground through the coil.
Ok awesome! Thanks!!!

I do have a 7.5A fuse in F45, but I believe all diesels are LT trims and come with heated seats and PB start so not a surprise it's there. Definitely will make this much easier. I will check the steering column here to confirm that's good as well.

Reactions: PaigetheRage

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok awesome! Thanks!!!

I do have a 7.5A fuse in F45, but I believe all diesels are LT trims and come with heated seats and PB start so not a surprise it's there. Definitely will make this much easier. I will check the steering column here to confirm that's good as well.
So I haven't ordered parts yet, but yesterday I finally got around to checking and mine also has the fuse, and also the wiring Maven referenced above, so hopefully that does mean it is pretty plug and play with the right wheel & clock spring!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
So I haven't ordered parts yet, but yesterday I finally got around to checking and mine also has the fuse, and also the wiring Maven referenced above, so hopefully that does mean it is pretty plug and play with the right wheel & clock spring!
Very good! I haven't ordered yet either but I will probably order the wheel and bolt here in the next week or so.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts