Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

New guy with question as to why you chose a Cruze....

2725 16
I assume a lot of you are just plain Chevy fans but for you others why did you choose a Cruze over other gas sipping cars like Honda, Toyota or even the Korean makes?
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
I chose the Cruze because I felt it had a better look than most other cars of the same price. Also, it performs very well. Both my fiancee and I have one. I had checked out the Honda civic prior to looking at the Cruze. I didn't like how the civic handled and how noisy it was inside. Also, I did not like how Honda had their pricing set-up. I had a 1997 supercharged Buick Riviera...now that was a fun car...it was time for a new car. This is my first Chevy and I have been very pleased with the overall performance so far. :)

· Registered
45 Posts
After test driving several cars I was considering, (Civic, Carolla, Elantra, Focus, Sonata, Optima, Malibu, Fusion, Camry, Jetta) and comparing pricing with those cars I thought the Cruze offered the biggest bang for the buck. In addition to that I liked the styling better, especially the interior and when I sat in the Cruze it just "felt" better. This is also my 3rd Chevrolet product and have never had any issues with Chevy. Since getting my Cruze in April 2011, I have been extremely happy with it.

· Registered
16 Posts
It's actually my wife's car. We looked at Honda, Hyundai, Ford and Toyota first; however, the Cruze won out. Magazine reviews are very good on this car. It's well made, quiet, solid, roomy and fun to drive aggressively on curves. Crash tests results are also very good. She likes the looks and the interior is top notch for this segment. There have been no issues with the car since delivery - what's not to like?

· Registered
489 Posts
Did it for gasoline reasons. Looked at a few others, but out of the choices, the Cruze had the styling, the room, and the turbo. Plus, buying American!!

· Registered
104 Posts
Purchase my Cruze because of the gas and of course the new styling from Chevy w/Turbo. My Lexus takes premium gas only and really hits the pocket book hard. now that I have my Cruze I almost fainted when it only took $33 to fill up with regular gas and of course better gas mileage. Lexus is now only a weekend car and sometimes out of towner.

· Registered
665 Posts
Primary reason was MPG. I never considered the non-eco model as it didn't have the MPG I was looking for. From the 40mpg club I turned to the Cruze right away. The looks, the engineering I felt were top notch.

There are some people unhappy with it, there is always going to be. Especially when a metric crap ton of vehicles are sold, and the cruze is selling.

· Banned
1,123 Posts
I'm with you. I pledge no allegiance either. I buy what I like and what I can afford despite having some auto connections with certain models. MOST of my cars have been GM, but there were years when NOTHING they made appealed to me. The other cars I bought were fine EXCEPT my Motor Trend Car of the Year- a 1999 Chrysler 300M! What a POS! I named that car CHRISTINE after the movie by Stephen King with that red Plymouth Fury! She WAS very devious no matter how well she was treated! She really was a NIGHTMARE that I will never forget and one that I will mention EVERY chance I get because of the way the dealers treated me and the yuppy factory reps. I have to say that once I was in touch with CORPORATE Chrysler in AUburn Hills, many of the problems were addressed, but NOT easily by the locals who did NOT seem to care WHAT corporate said!:flipoff:

· Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I think you will find that a good portion of our early buyers were avid GM and general domestic fans. As we grow here and the number of people switching from Civics and Corollas starts coming in you'll see a more diverse group. Many people have chosen the Cruze because the quality has eclipsed other models. The last generation champion (Civic) was only going up against the Cobalt from GM and now the newest Civic made no improvements where as the Cruze is leagues ahead of the Cobalt and even the new Civic and other Compacts.

The only competition that I see in my opinion are the Focus and Elentra.

· Registered
246 Posts
Comfort, styling, safety, domestic, gas sipping- those are the "logic" reasons, however the true reason is it just felt better to me when behind the wheel, than any of the competition I test drove. But we purchase on emotion and then justify with logic.

· Registered
30 Posts
It was my first car and as a new college grad, MPG and lifetime costs were my big factors. I tried the '12 Focus, new Elantra, Golf TDI, Fiesta, and Cruze. Focus looks good and reviewed well but had no guts and was overpriced in comparison. TDI was great but the 5k premium for diesel was a deal breaker. Fiesta just wasn't professional enough. Great one man car (especially if you can get a bright lime green) but otherwise not real practical to me. Elantra and Cruze were the final two but the Cruze was just a nicer car. Hyundai dealer outright told me that the car sold so well, I was not going to get any wiggle room on their price since they could sell it the next day if I didn't want it. I knew the Cruze sold better than the Elantra and had seen some of the elantras on that dealers lot for more than a week but that just kinda settled things for me. I was actually able to get about 100 under invoice (yes invoice, not college discount or anything else), free inspections, and free tires for life (service has to be done with them so may not use the offer but who knows)

· Registered
235 Posts
I assume a lot of you are just plain Chevy fans but for you others why did you choose a Cruze over other gas sipping cars like Honda, Toyota or even the Korean makes?
I had owned GM cars before, but definitely wasn't a Chevy fan when I got my Cruze, and the Cruze was the LAST car I test drove before settling on it. I considered a Ford Fusion, a VW Jetta, drove a Honda civic and Toyota Corolla, and even a Dodge Avenger that a dealer had marked way down to a ridiculous price (months later they'd file bankruptcy and disappear... they were kinda desperate to sell cars).

I almost didn't test drive the Cruze at all, but by luck there were some on the lot (they were hard to come by at the time), one of them happened to be in a color I wanted and thought looked really nice, and so I did. And I'm glad I did.

The Cruze got me because it was above anything I had driven from GM in that segment before. GM compact cars used to be horrible. This one wasn't. It felt solid, it drove solid, it looked nice, and the features were way above what other makes were offering for similar pricing. It was all enough to make me give GM another try.

It's been close to 8 months, and by now I'd know if I regretted my decision. I don't.

Also, I'll point out that the Cruze IS a gas sipping car (or at least marketed that way and, if you drive it right, it holds up to the marketing), and that it has roots in a Korean-designed model.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.