Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick questions for you more experienced Cruze owners: I have a 2013 LTZ/RS with only 39000 miles. Right now, it has a single exhaust 1.4L turbo and I was wondering what to expect if I installed a Flowmaster dual exhaust along with a K&N filter. Is it worth my while? Thanks for your input....

K8591:question:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Welcome! I don't really think you're gonna get any gains except for a change in sound from either of those mods. Most worthwhile thing you can do if you're looking for some extra performance would be to get a tune. EFI live from BNR or a Trifecta tune seem to be the most popular and proven tunes.

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
K&N is not, and is never, recommended.

Flowmaster may give you an extra five horsepower, but only at peak RPM. How often do you drive at the redline and need a lawmower's worth of extra power?

·
Super Moderator
5,099 Posts
Welcome! I agree with the above. I ran a K&N for a while didn't do much for the turbo or power gains. I am back to a stock filter with a Trifecta tune. Seems to run well with good power. Did you try just running a few tanks of premium and check the plugs. That seems to be the easiest and cheapest way to give the 1.4 a quick boost.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Welcome!

A friend of mine that works at a GM dealership installed the GM Performance exhaust system on his 2012 RS 1.4, which includes a reflash of the PCM. He said that it sounds better and noticed a little more power. Only problem is that it is pricey.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Unfortunately you won't see too much with those 2 mods. IMO the magnaflow muffler sounds better for the 1.4T. You'll probably get ~~10hp~~ with those two mods. My suggestion would to you would be if you want to go that far then do the tune as well. That is were you WILL notice a significant performance increase

1 - 8 of 8 Posts