Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a lot for work (178 miles a day right now) so the 18mpg with the old Envoy was killing me. Looked at the cruze diesel a year ago but passed. This drive made it time.
Clean, loaded 2015 with 47.,000 miles. Nice little car and loving the mileage but was hoping for a little more. 1/2 country two lane and half highway the past couple days Im at 42.6. Did 46.3 on drive home Tuesday and says 35.4 over 2,136mi so that includes a fare amount of idle time and some hotrodding by me and the 16yr Inlet drive it a couple times.
I do love the way it runs, not many revs and nice torque. Feels causal not frenzied like all the little 1.4 turbos. Thats what I wanted, hoping for longevity. I just dont see the 1.4's lasting as long.
Anyways, doing a lot of browsing here to learn more about the car, issues, maintenance and such. I see everything involved with tuning and deleting has pretty much disappeared from tuning sites. Kinda bummed about that but I'll figure it out as I go.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,349 Posts
DIC reads low, check the math yourself, itll be a bit better

but the car only promises 46 HWY, it delivers that.
That's what I've always liked about this car (specifically the 1st gen CTD) - the DIC estimate is almost always pessimistic, though usually pretty close.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Tunes are still out there. Tunes for delete are not. Just Trifecta tuned mine and the mid range response slaps a smile on my face every time I hit it.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Welcome aboard. Great decision on the diesel for your commute.

The Gen 1 has the bigger tank so you can stuff in over 18 gallons by topping off, but takes patience. That combined with some steady, efficient driving technique and you‘ll see 900 mile tanks @ 50+ mpg.

Some fun reading about the incredible range of a Gen 1 CTD.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tunes are still out there. Tunes for delete are not. Just Trifecta tuned mine and the mid range response slaps a smile on my face every time I hit it.
Thanks for the reply. What did tune do to mileage? Any issues with the install and getting going?

·
Registered
509 Posts
MPG is a bit higher... if I keep my foot out of it. Installed no issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did the math for 2 days of commuting (about 340 miles) and got 47.8mpg. Did not expect 6mpg difference between DIC and real math.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Welcome!

·
Super Moderator
5,014 Posts
Welcome, The DIC and MPG has always been a matter of that is the last that it calculated not overall. I have never had a deisel but the gasoline cars that is how it goes. Until you get up in the mileage or do a lot of highway driving. If you are just worried about beating Envoy for MPG you made the right choice tuned or untuned. Welcome and enjoy yopur new car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts