Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, i apologize in advance if this is a redundant thread. I am looking to get brighter lights for my cruze, i do alot of driving in the country and its nice to see the road.
I have read that Philips Xtreme Power are good headlamps, are there any others. Also do some lights need a upgraded light harness ( trying to avoid this). I am also want to avoid those stupid blue headlights... they maybe bright but they blind everyone on the road, so i rather not put bright blue lights in.

As a side topic to this tread, i am thinking of installing this:

CG® - Chevy Cruze 2011-2013 Black Halo Projector Headlights

thoughts and opinions?

thanks again

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i assume you work for them>?

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Different division but yes :p I'm not 100%sure but I believe most aftermarket headlights and taillights for the cruze require modifications to the wiring because most of them are made for asain cruze's. Not 100% sure though

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool. Do you have any opinions on the Black Halo Projector Headlights. they look cool, but i am afraid if i upgrade them and the bulbs i will need to do the harness and that seems a lot of work that may get messy easily

·
Registered
422 Posts
The CG ones ARE plug and play. I've chatted with carid about this as I'm looking at getting the Spyder ones (based on signal placement). They come with new bulbs though - the difference is that they plug in, but they use H1 instead of h13. So.. still plug and play but requires swapping of the type of bulb!

OR since you then will have projectors, you won't become annoying to drive beside/behind/anywhere near if you get HID bulbs. 35w in projectors won't blind anyone. They'll be more blue than their 55w counterpart, but simply get a bulb of a lower colour temperature. 5600k being sunlight, I'd go with the 5000k. No blue, not blinding bright.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Search around here for a thread on upgrading the headlight wiring harness.

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Thanks Xtreme for finding that thread. I was trying to find it and I knew someone would beat me to it. I've had that harness and the XtraVision bulbs for over 6 months now and still on the same pair of bulbs. I usually don't run my 'DRL's' unless it's overcast so that might contribute some to the life span I'm experiencing. Hands down still the best mod I've done to the car.

Reactions: kfr291

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i had found it earlier that why i was asking to make sure these bulbs and headlight replacements were plug and play. I was also hoping someone had photos of thier cruze with these headlamps in, so far i ahve been unable to locate a cruze with these installed ( atleast with photos ). I will probably upgrade the harness when i get more experience or at least a friend to help... i have a tendency to make dumb mistakes.

Excellent, so it seems both these things would be easy and cool to do, i been doing some search into bulbs to see color difference, i hate those true blue POS they are so annoying to be anywhere near.( i have strong opinions on them).

i wll have to look into the Spyder ones as well, sounds like they could be interesting as well.

Also thanks to all of you for your help. When i do this i will take photos and do a write up,

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Thanks Xtreme for finding that thread. I was trying to find it and I knew someone would beat me to it. I've had that harness and the XtraVision bulbs for over 6 months now and still on the same pair of bulbs. I usually don't run my 'DRL's' unless it's overcast so that might contribute some to the life span I'm experiencing. Hands down still the best mod I've done to the car.
I put mine in shortly before that thread was posted, and I've been using them at full brightness for at least 2 hours per day since that mod was made. Still haven't had one burn out on me.

Do research on the bulbs you are looking at buying, as there might not be a point in spending extra money. For example, the Sylvania Silverstar is just a Sylvania XtraVision with a slight blue tint on the glass to make it look whiter. The XtraVisions are actually brighter despite what's shown on the packaging.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
I've had the same set of Philips bulbs in for about 8 months and 25k miles running off a relay harness, and they look like they've about had it. I'm expecting one to blow soon, at which point both will be replaced. It's looking like 25-30k miles for bulbs is doable with this mod.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do research on the bulbs you are looking at buying, as there might not be a point in spending extra money. For example, the Sylvania Silverstar is just a Sylvania XtraVision with a slight blue tint on the glass to make it look whiter. The XtraVisions are actually brighter despite what's shown on the packaging.
Thanks for that, i have been doing research into them, just started doing it.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i am now super excited about replacing these headlights, thye look good right now, but i think the Black Projector Headlights with LED DRL by Spyder look great

1 - 16 of 16 Posts