Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it appears that GM Korea is doing one last mild refresh to the 1st gen Cruze MY16 before they switch over to the 2nd gen.

You'll notice that the front fascia is the same as North America however the front headlamps receive a modern update which includes halogen projectors and a LED DRL. Not bad looking!

Now I wish we can find a reputable online store that could import Korea parts to the states for a decent price. Shoot, I'm still in love with the Korean 2013 Cruze Sport front/rear fascia!

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,063 Posts
That last image almost appears to have an HID headlamp.

I really like those...just have to figure out how to get them...

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
I want them too!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
This thread has my subscription. I say we all subscribe to this and post updates on what we find out about these headlights. I'd like to have these in my Cruze too. I imagine they'd connect with the same connectors we have in our models (maybe a bit of wiring modifications).

·
Premium Member
6,063 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
Cruzetalk member Tae Yoon Kim is in Korea. Maybe he can work a group buy for us?

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
gm korea is gm so im game. they would look amazing with the USA drils under them and since they are gm i dont have to worry about junky headlights

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
gm korea is gm so im game. they would look amazing with the USA drils under them and since they are gm i dont have to worry about junky headlights
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Fits like an OEM headlight assembly and less risk of cracks in the finishing to let moisture in.

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
No offense to the guys at carid but i far from trust those type of headlights. Ive always been leery of chinese looking headlights. Primary function is to illuminate then look good

·
Premium Member
6,063 Posts
Well the main issue is that non-OEM lenses generally have a bad habit of peeling/cracking and/or yellowing.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
6,063 Posts
Pricey...but I'm digging them...

So the big question is (still going based off that last picture in the first post)...are they halogen, or HID?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pricey...but I'm digging them...

So the big question is (still going based off that last picture in the first post)...are they halogen, or HID?
They are halogen. That last picture looks like they altered the image to give the LED DRL a little bit more bluish hue which also changed the beam color from the projector.

·
Premium Member
6,063 Posts
Ahh, well at that point, I might as well just retrofit the stockers and call it a day, and be able to run HIDs.

Reactions: Chris Tobin
1 - 20 of 36 Posts