Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm new here but I bought my cruze almost a year ago. I LOVE this car but **** what's up with the battery always dying and my key getting stuck in the ignition lol

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

What trim level is your Cruze? LS, LT, LTZ, Eco, or Diesel? What are the symptoms you're experiencing? The more information we have about the situation, the better we can assist you in solving the issues. Also how many miles are on the car?

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,122 Posts
Hello I'm new here but I bought my cruze almost a year ago. I LOVE this car but **** what's up with the battery always dying and my key getting stuck in the ignition lol
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

The key sticks sometimes if you're a bit "sloppy' in how you shutdown and leave. Try to make sure the steering wheel is not cranked to one side, the shifter (auto) is completely in park and step on the brake. If it still sticks, turn the wheel a bit too one side or the other, depending on what it allows.

Also look into this if the situation dictates: [h=3]Special Coverage #14311: Negative Battery Cable[/h]

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Key won't release if turned with a dead battery........will release once jump started.

How long does it take the battery to die? (Day/Week?)

Rob

·
Registered
1 Posts
I?ve had my Cruze since 2012 and about the last 6 months I?ve been having issues also. All the dash lights go off, the radio shuts off, the stabila track warning comes on, the steering locks up, and loses all power when shutting off the car. I replaced the battery after the first instance in may 2017. cleaned the positive cable and terminal multiple times since.
If this seems to be a known problem is there a recall to fix it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts