Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am from Houston TX and new to Cruze's but not new to cars. I am in the process of starting up my own shop and it is making it hard to finance my own projects with my personal overhead. so its time to make cuts. and the main one is my very expensive car note on my 2012 Centennial Corvette Grand Sport. So its time to take a step back and re evaluate my situation and cut my out going costs down. That is where the Cruze come into play. I love the way the 1st generation looks and the cost is favorable. $12k-$15k for a fully loaded nicer LTZ RS. I can do that. Lower it down and put some nice 20" rims, prolly gunna get a black one and black everything out, debadge it and black out the interior too. then maybe later a turbo upgrade may be in order. Now time to cruise around in this forum and see what it is about.

Don

·
Super Moderator
5,165 Posts
Welcome, what year Cruze you have? so we can direct you to the correct generation of Cruze(Gen 1 or 2) If (2011- 2015) Gen1/ 2016.5 /2017 Gen 2. Any way check out the stickies look around and shoot out any questions.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Welcome Don, Gen 1's still look good and lots of mod options here. Check out Gen 1 section, super helpful.

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Not to knock your excitement, but the time I've spent here has revealed to me the gen 1 Cruze is not a great platform to start with for the pursuit of power. You'll reach the level of diminishing returns pretty quick after a simple tune and some bolt ons. You can see ~200HP max before the investments start to outweigh the rewards. If you know before going into this purchase that you want big power, you may want to seriously consider starting with a different vehicle. One with a larger displacement engine is preferable. The 1,364cc that the Cruze displaces is less than many motorcycles. With it's stock turbo, it's already hitting 18PSI on the factory tune so there's really not much room for growth. Not to mention the gearing will do you no favors. The gen 2 is better from what I hear due to the weight savings and redesigned engine, but still it really wasn't built for speed.

The Cruze is a car completely designed around, and dedicated to fuel economy and comfort. If you want excellent gas mileage then you've found a good candidate. The Cruze delivers excellent gas mileage even if you drive it with your foot to the floor the whole time, and it's an amazing road trip vehicle. I also love the looks of the gen 1. They just don't look like anything else on the road. Good luck with your purchase, enjoy!

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The Cruze delivers excellent gas mileage even if you drive it with your foot to the floor the whole time, and it's an amazing road trip vehicle.
That option didn't come with my car!

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
@v8sten Harvey's a blowin'...how are you doing over there in Houston? Stay safe out there!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a cool tricked out Cruze. Car drives like a dream! check out the pictures and a video of it, just google Tjin edition cruze. You can't miss it...bright yellow and blue rims :bowing: Let me know if you are interested, I'm selling it.

·
2,170 Posts
Good luck with all that water out there in Houston, the Cruze doesn't float very well....

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
As soon as you drive it off the lot its underwater!:eek:mg:

The National Weather Service warned early Saturday that Hurricane Harvey is now expected to drop between 15 and 30 inches of rain across southeastern Texas between now and Wednesday. As of 4 a.m., Victoria, Tex., had already recorded close to 10 inches of rain, prompting flash flood warnings. In some places, the weather service warned, the rain total could reach 40 inches. The heavy rainfall is expected to cause “catastrophic flooding.”

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
I have a cool tricked out Cruze. Car drives like a dream! check out the pictures and a video of it, just google Tjin edition cruze. You can't miss it...bright yellow and blue rims :bowing: Let me know if you are interested, I'm selling it.
You will have better luck if you first introduce yourself here,

and then post a FS ad here.

Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts