Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stumbled across this site from youtube (Andrew Peabody). I notice that alot of people don't own alot of 2016 Cruzes on youtube, so no one hardly every talks about it or what they've done to them. This may be the wrong place for this, but I can't find my way around this app to find what I'm looking for and I've been to several forums for vehicles and the people are generally nice and helpful, hopefully you guys are the same too. Got a couple questions about tuning it and it's sound system. Thanks guys.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Sure will get a bunch of opinions on the this board, will toss in mine.

Best tuneup is to gap your four spark plugs at 26 mils and use only ethanol free 91 octane fuel and toss in a can of Seafoam in a full tank of gas every 5K miles to clean up that carbon.

In my neck of the woods, would be to stock up on summer gas, can't do this living in town now so have to live with paying as much as $4.50 a US gallon for air with this stupid winter stuff.

With sound, what happened to DIN? Ain't a radio anymore is a computer that interfaces with the rest of the vehicle, best you can do is to add auxiliary amplifiers and better speakers and get yourself a bunch of plastic pry bars.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Just stumbled across this site from youtube (Andrew Peabody). I notice that alot of people don't own alot of 2016 Cruzes on youtube, so no one hardly every talks about it or what they've done to them. This may be the wrong place for this, but I can't find my way around this app to find what I'm looking for and I've been to several forums for vehicles and the people are generally nice and helpful, hopefully you guys are the same too. Got a couple questions about tuning it and it's sound system. Thanks guys.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
Welcome to CruzeTalk. The reason you don't see a lot of information on the web about the 2nd generation Cruze is that there simply aren't that many out there yet. The percentage of people who post on the web in car forums is relatively small, so it will take some time for tuning and aftermarket information to appear en-masse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to CruzeTalk. The reason you don't see a lot of information on the web about the 2nd generation Cruze is that there simply aren't that many out there yet. The percentage of people who post on the web in car forums is relatively small, so it will take some time for tuning and aftermarket information to appear en-masse.
I have a 1st Gen completely base model, I see less of those than the 2nd Gens. Super frustrating.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure will get a bunch of opinions on the this board, will toss in mine.

Best tuneup is to gap your four spark plugs at 26 mils and use only ethanol free 91 octane fuel and toss in a can of Seafoam in a full tank of gas every 5K miles to clean up that carbon.

In my neck of the woods, would be to stock up on summer gas, can't do this living in town now so have to live with paying as much as $4.50 a US gallon for air with this stupid winter stuff.

With sound, what happened to DIN? Ain't a radio anymore is a computer that interfaces with the rest of the vehicle, best you can do is to add auxiliary amplifiers and better speakers and get yourself a bunch of plastic pry bars.
I hate to admit I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to these things but I have a 1st Gen gas automatic, are your tips compatible with mine? As for the radio, I don't have a double din unfortunately I kinda got screwed over when choosing my car so I got the base model, didn't even get friggin LED fog lights, man. My stock speakers are super duper quiet with relatively low bass, was wondering if there was a simple solution before replacing them, kind of in between paychecks at the moment but will upgrade pretty soon. Thanks for the reply!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I have a 1st Gen completely base model, I see less of those than the 2nd Gens. Super frustrating.
I mis-read the thread title. There are a lot of gen 1 LS Cruzes around but not a lot of You-tubes on them. There is a lot of information here however.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
A good piece of advice is to read the owner's manual.

It gives the best advice on the kind of fuel and fuel treatments to be using.

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.