Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I purchased a 2017 Cruze today. The salesman neglected to inform me about the start/stop feature. I didn't know what to think when I pulled up to the first set of traffic lights on the way home. I agree that it is a great feature for fuel economy, but it can be a bit irritating in stop
and go traffic. Is there a way to disable this feature? :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Hello all, I purchased a 2017 Cruze today. The salesman neglected to inform me about the start/stop feature. I didn't know what to think when I pulled up to the first set of traffic lights on the way home. I agree that it is a great feature for fuel economy, but it can be a bit irritating in stop
I think I wouldn't like it either and you can't disable it. Didn't you notice it on the Test Drive?

·
Registered
81 Posts
There is always a way to disable. On the Jaguar FPace you unplug the relay that powers the feature. I would bet the Cruze start stop can be defeated in a similar way. Someone will figure it out.

·
10,712 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Surefire way of defeating it was buying the manual trans. Finding a manual Cruze with options outside of RS is difficult so next up was placing the shifter in L and manually advancing the gears up to M6. Doing this may counteract the MPG of the car tho. Max A/C and a few other tricks allow you to also defeat it w/o drasic MPG change. The others will be in shortly with the longer list of how to stop or minimize the system from working.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
There's no button with an A and a circle arrow to turn it off, like on every other car with the feature?

Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
You can disable the stop start feature by either setting your AC to the comfort setting (amber light rather than green) or drive with your transmission in L.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hello, old-technician!

Welcome to CruzeTalk, and congratulations on the purchase of your new Cruze! In regards to the Auto Start/Stop feature, it cannot be disabled. However, as some forum members have mentioned, for comfort A/C, press A/C, and theindicator will turn amber. Thissetting limits Auto Stops to ensurecabin comfort is maintained andreduces the likelihood of window fogging. More information regarding the A/C and Auto Stops can be found on page 194 in your owner's manual. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us as we're always happy to help!

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to Cruzetalk.

The start/stop feature can be "disabled" only by putting the A/C on full (amber). In city driving it won't disable if you're going short blocks and stopping frequently, basically never giving the restart capacitor in the trunk a chance to recharge between stops.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
Put the shifter in L and "thumb up" to gear 6. Works like normal drive mode without shutting off.

You get used to it soon, though. I find it helpful at stoplights and annoying in stop and go traffic, so I usually switch down to L there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input everyone! I will try the A/C trick and see if it helps in areas with many stoplights and pedestrian cross walks. Other than that, an occasional stop on a long trip is no problem, I'll get used to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Put the shifter in L and "thumb up" to gear 6. Works like normal drive mode without shutting off.

You get used to it soon, though. I find it helpful at stoplights and annoying in stop and go traffic, so I usually switch down to L there.
Thanks, I will try this method also. And thanks to everyone else as well, great bunch of folks in here!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts