Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I just came home with my 2014 cruze on Monday. I was looking at them for a while and finally found a 2LT with the manual trans. Been putting some miles on it and really enjoy the car so far. I have drove an alero for years and love the little ecotec motors but with a baby on the way I needed two more doors. No need to explain everything about it as you all know what your looking at. Happy to see an active forum (aleromod is nearly dead) and haven't had to post to get several questions answered. I plan to keep this car pretty much as GM made it. I am only putting on carbon fiber badges, window tint, and an injen CAI so I can hear the turbo spool. Going to try 91 octane fuel on the next tank and have a date on the calender to change the trans fluid (putting in the recommended Amsoil). Love the car so far! While I'm here I have a few questions-
-any recalls on the 2014's I need to make sure are done?
-does the RS package have improved suspension or is it just the 'body kit'?

What else do you all recommend to a new cruze owner other than the stickied info? 0519151608.jpg 0519151608a.jpg 0520150919.jpg 0520150919a.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to CruzeTalk! You sure picked the right place to be! Fine looking RS you have there!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems to be the right forum. I'm not impressed with the others, nice to have options for once though! and thank you.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Welcome! Since you have a 2LT you should have the "Sport Tuned Suspension". To be sure, look in your glove box and see if it has "XJ2" in the code list. I think this is another suspension thingy "GNG" Which from my build sheet is "Suspension, Rear Enhanced"

·
Administrator
25,040 Posts
Welcome and congrats. You can check on recall at http://recalls.gm.com. Just enter the VIN of your car and any open (as in not yet performed) recalls will be listed.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Welcome to CT! Congrats! Red car & 6MT - great combo!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome! Since you have a 2LT you should have the "Sport Tuned Suspension". To be sure, look in your glove box and see if it has "XJ2" in the code list. I think this is another suspension thingy "GNG" Which from my build sheet is "Suspension, Rear Enhanced"
It has them! explains why it drives so awesome. Anywhere you know of I could find a list off all the code definitions?

·
Registered
192 Posts
It has them! explains why it drives so awesome. Anywhere you know of I could find a list off all the code definitions?
Message Chevy Customer Care on this forum and provide them your VIN and ask for a build sheet. You will also need to provide them another email address as they will compile it on a document and attached it. When its finished, it will have every code listed in your glove box along with what they mean.

Also, your Cruzer will love the 91 octane as it was designed to run on it, should have "KRD" on your list which means "Fuel Rating Octane NO. 91". It can, however, run on pretty much any octane. Most do 91, some will use 89 in specific months and switch to 91, some are lucky enough to have 93 and run it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts