Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here. I'm the owner of a 2012 cruze, having some issues with it! I bought it used, I love the car, but she's having problems. 1st one being, the catalytic converter is messed up, took it to the dealership, they said gm wasn't releasing the part til the end of July. Here we are in the middle of September, car still isn't fixed!!!! Now, if I leave my key in the ignition, it'll spark off and sound like it's trying to crank itself. It did it so hard yesterday that it actually turned the radio on. Can someone help me???

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear you're having issues, if you're still under warranty, it would be best to bring it or tow it to a dealership to have it diagnosed at no cost.

·
Administrator
25,600 Posts
We have a Chevy Customer Care account here. Private message them and see if they can shake the part free for your dealership. Sometimes dealerships have a hard time getting scarce parts.

·
2,254 Posts
Welcome.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,295 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy Keep Cruzen And best wishes !

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
You could see if a muffler shop has a catalytic converter. Probably cheaper than the dealership if they do.

For the key problem, that sounds very strange. You might need to have someone diagnose this with a scan tool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts