Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the community!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone and thanks for reading! Please note the rest of this thread is me rambling about my cruze experience so far. I recently bought a 2012 Cruze LTZ with the 1.4L turbo. It's...ok i guess lol. I bought it used with 120k miles on it, driven it daily for over a month and had one fairly major repair already, the PCV valve, aka valve/crankshaft cover, that was a surprise. However, so was the relatively inexpensive replacement cost of only $70ish (labor done by me). I like the car because it's relatively new and loaded with tech goodies. I have two other concerns though. The idle is a bit rough, still surging at times, although i swear i hear a vacuum leak so i need to find that and will update as soon as i find/fix it. The other is a transmission that shifts kind of roughly, though admittedly, it may be tied into the vacuum leak that I need to find. I'm really happy with the fuel economy so far, averaging 32mpg with my mix of city and highway driving.

For anyone wondering, I've done 1 mod so far which was an AEM CAI, just so i could hear the sexy turbo sounds. Also, just moments ago, I ordered a trifecta tune, so I hope to give an update on that when i get it and apply it.

Again, thanks for reading and I hope to learn and perhaps teach a little once i learn more about this car.

P.S. This is the second car I've owned with forced induction, the first being a 2001 Mazda Millenia S with a 2.3L supercharged miller cycle engine. Worst experience ever! My fault, I know. hahaha!

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
[/QUOTE] This is the second car I've owned with forced induction, the first being a 2001 Mazda Millenia S with a 2.3L supercharged miller cycle engine. Worst experience ever! My fault, I know. hahaha! [/QUOTE] I am on my 6th FI car. 5 turbo and 1 supercharged. The only one that I had an issue with was my 2011 ECO (failed pistons). Early 1.4s had defective piston ring lands.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.