Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo... I?m new here but not new to my Cruze LoL... okayyy so I have a 2015 crappy car., bought it new..annnd .. my engine light came on today..my stabilitrac/service traction control did too. Since I bought the vehicle, I felt it struggling to switch gears and when I would brake it felt like it was jumping at times(and everyone said I was imagining) but today, the light proved my theory l, something is wrong w my car! It sputters when I turned if it today and i can hear a faint whirring sound. When I braked at a stop sign today it kinda jerked forward. It currently has 61,000 miles on it and the dealer claimed it has a 100,000 warranty on it so I scheduled a appt for Thursday.. anyone else have this issue or maybe an idea of what it might be???

·
10,713 Posts
Sooo... I?m new here but not new to my Cruze LoL... okayyy so I have a 2015 crappy car., bought it new..annnd .. my engine light came on today..my stabilitrac/service traction control did too. Since I bought the vehicle, I felt it struggling to switch gears and when I would brake it felt like it was jumping at times(and everyone said I was imagining) but today, the light proved my theory l, something is wrong w my car! It sputters when I turned if it today and i can hear a faint whirring sound. When I braked at a stop sign today it kinda jerked forward. It currently has 61,000 miles on it and the dealer claimed it has a 100,000 warranty on it so I scheduled a appt for Thursday.. anyone else have this issue or maybe an idea of what it might be???
Welcome to the forums. W/O a code it's just a bunch of guesses and those 2 messages come on for every check engine light you get. Nothing wrong with shooting out a few random guesses but ultimately we won't know what it is w/o codes. If you have an active OnStar, press the blue button with car running and nothing plugged into the OBDII port. Ask for on board diagnostics and hang on till they come back. They will either give you a code or a brief description of the issue and give you a timeframe of how long you should or shouldn't put off a dealership visit.

*Have them check for negative cable #14311 Special Coverage Adjustment. The cable can cause some odd stuff having you chase down intermittent gremlins.

*Check spark plugs for fouling from a possible dead coil pack (I killed about 3 of those by your mileage) Actually 2015 manual says they are due anyways(60,000) but still check them.

*May need to have them check the trans, IMHO fluid needed to be swapped before that mileage anyways and could remedy the situation (45,000).

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

What trim level is your car? (L, LS, LT, LTZ, Eco, or Diesel)

As stated above check engine codes are quite helpful when diagnosing an issue. If you have a check engine light, you can either use the onstar method mentioned above, or you can have the codes read for free at any chain auto parts store.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It?s an LT, and well I didn?t even get to make it out to the auto store for codes because as soon as I turned it on this morning it started shaking kinda hard so I figured I?d just wait for the appt. I apparently don?t have an active OnStar so I wasn?t able to get codes via there. The only thing I have is the diagnostic email OnStar sent saying it detected and issue with my engine and transmission which I guess is vague? And that it shouldn?t be serviced within 7 days ?

·
10,713 Posts
Wild guess could be cat or o2 sensor for a within 7 days comment. I killed my cat somewhere around 66K miles mark. That's off doe still getting emails tho, I only got them when I had active OnStar and Family Link active.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I kind of found it odd too, but the person at OnStar said I didn?t have an active account.. idk, I always get emails tho, monthly plus anytime it may have an alert. Like if my tire pressure was low etc. And I also use the mycruze app(formerly OnStar) don?t know if that matters.

·
10,713 Posts
Yeah I kind of found it odd too, but the person at OnStar said I didn?t have an active account.. idk, I always get emails tho, monthly plus anytime it may have an alert. Like if my tire pressure was low etc. And I also use the mycruze app(formerly OnStar) don?t know if that matters.
Then again 14 and up had it free for 5 years OnStar app(no replaced) where 13 you had it for months and paid after.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welllll.. she?s all better. Well for now! They replaced my camshaft cover bc a occ valve was stuck open??? Something like that... does that sound believable?? LoL well like I said that?s what I was told, it WAS covered under warranty tho.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On another note... maybe... how long do you or do you idle you car in the am? To warm it up... or do you not? Not sure if my car was fixed after all :( I turned if on this morning in a rush and took off, it was about 70ish and I came to a stop and it started doing that jerking forward motion again. Almost like when you brake and let go, brake and let go...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts