·
Registered
271 Posts
Looks good. What headlamps are those?

·
Registered
639 Posts
In before the lock.

Hey notice how you can hardly see the shape and contents of the passenger headlight?

Imagine how that looks to oncoming traffic at night.

Do everyone else a favor and stick with the Phillips.

Sent from my Thumbs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In before the lock.
Hey notice how you can hardly see the shape and contents of the passenger headlight?
Imagine how that looks to oncoming traffic at night.
Do everyone else a favor and stick with the Phillips.
Sent from my Thumbs.
Theyre fitted into aftermarket projector lamps there genius...
Light Automotive exterior Lighting Night Auto part

Notice the distinct cut off line. :idiot:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Theyre fitted into aftermarket projector lamps there genius
Just because it has a nice (by your opinion) cutoff, does not mean they are a quality light.

Oh by the way your after market projectors I doubt were designed with HID'S in mind.

Be as defensive as you want but that attempt at cutoff is crap and poorly done.IE:they look like crap.

Sent from my Thumbs.

Reactions: CruzeTech

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Sure is better than installing HIDs in the stock housing. Are those housings designed for HID though or for halogen OE lamps? Better ask the manufacturer. Not all projectors are designed to be used with HID lamps. The difference is the glare ratio.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
639 Posts
Notice the hid vs halogen. Looks a lot like OPs.

The second picture is a tuned projector for an HID bulb. Notice no central hot spot or wasted light like OPs garage shot. And by wasted it comes in spurts below the "cutoff". There light the. It's not much light then light again. That's the glare that causes problems. It may be beneath the cutoff but it's not smooth or focused in any way.

The cutoff is pointless to show unless your 25' from a wall on level ground. I could care less hoe you think it looks 2' off the wall. I bet it's 10x as bad at any real distance.

Sent from my Thumbs.

Attachments

Reactions: giantsnation

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Theyre fitted into aftermarket projector lamps there genius...
View attachment 78642
Notice the distinct cut off line. :idiot:
Not the smoothest cutoff line I've seen. How smooth is the door? It appears there is a bulge over the center point of each lamp. What we can't tell from this is how much glare is perceived by on-coming drivers.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry.. didnt mean to enrage any of you :argue:
Just snapped a couple pics so you could rest easy tonight..
My phone camera shows some glare obviously bc it is a light source but standing from a good distance away I could see no glare.
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Mid-size car
Vehicle Car Light Night Automotive lighting

Appears to be a pretty straight cut off to me.. hmm

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Sorry.. didnt mean to enrage any of you :argue:
Just snapped a couple pics so you could rest easy tonight..
My phone camera shows some glare obviously bc it is a light source but standing from a good distance away I could see no glare.
View attachment 78746 View attachment 78754
Appears to be a pretty straight cut off to me.. hmm
Who said anything about straight or crooked? The issue is one of glare, and not something you can compare with your camera unless OE comparison shots were taken with identical exposure and ISO time.

Do you understand what glare we are referring to?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Who said anything about straight or crooked? The issue is one of glare, and not something you can compare with your camera unless OE comparison shots were taken with identical exposure and ISO time.

Do you understand what glare we are referring to?

Yes sir. I understand what glare is.
I was referring to
The cutoff is pointless to show unless your 25' from a wall on level ground. I could care less hoe you think it looks 2' off the wall. I bet it's 10x as bad at any real distance.
showing the 25'+ and not having any light emitted above the cutoff line. I can stand down the block and not see any glare that would hinder another driver. Guess youll have to pass me on the road or take my word.
I understand you guys are trying to moderate outside of the forum and keep people on the road safe but you can take it a little easy... kcco

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
Yes sir. I understand what glare is.
I was referring to
showing the 25'+ and not having any light emitted above the cutoff line. I can stand down the block and not see any glare that would hinder another driver. Guess youll have to pass me on the road or take my word.
I understand you guys are trying to moderate outside of the forum and keep people on the road safe but you can take it a little easy... kcco
I'll take your word for it even though the camera will definitely adjust exposure to make the glare appear far less offensive. The cutoff does resemble some of the cheap projectors I've seen, but you won't find an excellent projector in any kit available for the Cruze. In this case though, it will be good enough. I do have to applaud you for getting aftermarket housings instead of slapping an HID bulb into the factory housing.

Always bear in mind that elderly people take 8x as long to adjust to changes in light as younger people do. Those are the people whose safety I am most concerned with when it comes to excessive glare. It doesn't help that the bluer appearance of HID-based light has a "sparkle" that exasperates that problem. Just something to keep in mind.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
The distance cut-off looks much better than the close up, which is why I asked about the door material. If those were your low beams from the front they look good with regards to glare. Thanks for not just throwing HIDs into the Halogen lamps like we've had other members do.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.