Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ohai! Just kidding, you guys already know me. I used to drive that black one that had issues all the time.

So, after some car shopping and comparison, along with a little help and rebate incentives from GM, I picked up this little beauty tonight! I've had a couple of '16 LTs as rentals and they were good, but the Premier definitely wowed me.

Really looking forward to giving this whole Cruzen thing another chance. I've always wanted a fully loaded one, and now I've got one!

So now when you see that sexy blue car in the forum banner, you can say "hey, that's -J!"

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto show Mid-size car Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Executive car Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Motor vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Mid-size car Vehicle Car Mid-size car Compact car Family car Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Executive car

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Do us a favor and don't name IT Tater ...

Reactions: jblackburn

·
Super Moderator
5,165 Posts
Sweet car man. Well this year may be a change for me also. Well after realizing how much it is to keep those stupid "PATMAN" plates on my car, I'll be getting rid of those on my car (I will still have the plates 2 sets actually did this b4 in 1995 see my avatar) and going back to ????? Maybe I will lose my car in a lot entirely and change cars also. Thank goodness for FOBs and talking to my wrist watch and saying "KIT come get me" If you are old enough to remember Knight Rider LOL

·
17,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats!

Now, get that crown decal off and stick it to the dealers showroom window.

The, continually putting you in slick new loaners, is a sneaky way to create desire isn't it?

Rob
It is, but mostly I was just fed up with mine. And that other dealer... No sense in continuing payments on something that I wouldn't be happy with anymore. Here's hoping this one's better!

That said, the loaners were a typical base LT (one had convenience and RS). The Premier is just a whole different level, and I loved it instantly. I didn't realize how much was different between the two trims.

·
2,254 Posts
Automatic?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
17,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Automatic?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Oh yes. I'm not going through that crap again. The auto transmission in the new models is like 1000x better refined and programmed than the earlier models. No gear hunting, no clunking, no confusion. It just works. And makes sense considering I live near DC and all I deal with is traffic.

Some day I'll own a fun manual car again, perhaps as a garage queen.

·
17,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dealer stuff gone! Needs tint, and I need to get a set of rubber floor mats for this one.

Otherwise, I'm loving the feature set on this car. Well, except for one - the frontal collision avoidance system is basically like having my mom in the back seat yelling about my driving on the Beltway. Calm down, car.

Other than that, the lane departure thing is pretty cool - it will gently steer you back into the middle of the lane when you drift towards a line. Love the blind spot monitoring feature.

Inside, it's got navigation, heated seats, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel (!), auto climate control that doesn't seem too bad, and a dash totally different than the LT that is actually quite like Fords system where you've got control over functions both through the radio and through the instrument cluster display/steering wheel controls.

Bose system sounds pretty good with some Clapton cranked up.

Oh, and I really do love the color. This is my 3rd blue car, and by far the best shade I've had. The other two were much darker.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Full-size car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Full-size car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Sedan

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mode of transport Steering wheel

·
2,170 Posts
I'm disappointed in your decision to get an automatic. We can still be friends, but now we can't be BEST friends.

Other than that, I agree dealer crap needs to go, get some tint, and it'll be a VERY nice vehicle. Congrats!

Reactions: jblackburn

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Nice!! Congrats!! Manuals are getting more and more scarce, but with your transmission and clutch troubles, probably good to take a break.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
So how's the lumbar and side bolstering support of the seats? I've heard the seats feel kinda flat and don't really seam to hold you in. Yeah, the frontal collision avoidance system seems useless the way it works in the Cruze. Chances are I would be well aware that I'm too close to something in front of me and if I wasn't, I would like the car to stop itself not just beep at me like it's crazy.

·
17,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So how's the lumbar and side bolstering support of the seats? I've heard the seats feel kinda flat and don't really seam to hold you in. Yeah, the frontal collision avoidance system seems useless the way it works in the Cruze. Chances are I would be well aware that I'm too close to something in front of me and if I wasn't, I would like the car to stop itself not just beep at me like it's crazy.
The leather ones are surprisingly not bad - soft even, something the 1st gen's leather seats weren't. I wasn't much a fan of the cloth ones compared to my 2012 - they are indeed flat. Lumbar support usually isn't an issue for me, but I haven't yet spent a long time in the car. I'll know at Thanksgiving!

Yup, kinda pointless. I mean I guess it would be good if I were the kinda driver that doesn't pay much attention, but it really doesn't like how I'll work my way into a gap to work my way in front of people pacing each other in both lanes.

The hardest part for me is going to be to...well, not drive like me for the break-in period. Sigh.

·
Super Moderator
5,165 Posts
Oh yes. I'm not going through that crap again. The auto transmission in the new models is like 1000x better refined and programmed than the earlier models. No gear hunting, no clunking, no confusion. It just works. And makes sense considering I live near DC and all I deal with is traffic.

Some day I'll own a fun manual car again, perhaps as a garage queen.
I am starting to think the same thing. All my family will be able to drive it(wife and son son can drive my car just doesn't like it) and wont have to worry about downshifting a lot to make it up hills in Cincinnati getting out of peoples way or wondering when I will get to an appropriate speed when accelerating when getting into traffic(yes it is tuned just under powered). Actually kinda enjoy driving the wife's Accord and having more HP and not worrying about shifting when I am not wrecking the ***** thing or when she is in the car. Besides like to have a usable back seat again even though I will not be back there. And to think about it, my 2012 Eco is approaching 5 yrs old already 78K and never got that great of MPG.

I also got about 1000 off from my GM card cash along with other rebates?

·
17,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am starting to think the same thing. All my family will be able to drive it(wife and son son can drive my car just doesn't like it) and wont have to worry about downshifting a lot to make it up hills in Cincinnati getting out of peoples way or wondering when I will get to an appropriate speed when accelerating when getting into traffic(yes it is tuned just under powered). Actually kinda enjoy driving the wife's Accord and having more HP and not worrying about shifting when I am not wrecking the ***** thing or when she is in the car. Besides like to have a usable back seat again even though I will not be back there. And to think about it, my 2012 Eco is approaching 5 yrs old already 78K and never got that great of MPG.

I also got about 1000 off from my GM card cash along with other rebates?
If you can stand the styling, you can also look at the new Civic Turbo. Very nice car. Delivers on the MPG front, and they're legitimately quick. I can't stand the CVT, though.

The Ford Fusion 1.5T SE with luxury package & sunroof was a close 2nd on my list. Very nice car, but the engine (doesn't feel turbocharged at all - but just revs and doesn't really do much when you get into it) and ride are not as well refined as the new Cruze. Otherwise, I love these cars. The 2.0 Ecoboost is for sure the way to go, though.

The Accord Sport was 3rd on my list (in a manual - again, quit putting freaking CVTs in your cars, Honda). C&D and other automotive magazines regularly praise this car for handling, driving dynamics, etc. When it comes down to it, I think it's got a great engine, great transmission, the handling isn't anything to write home about for a midsize sedan, the interior is incredibly boring, road noise for days at highway speed, and the infotainment/tech systems in the car just drive me crazy. Love my parents' '07 Accord, and it's been a fantastic car, but I just wasn't feeling this one.

Also briefly looked at a Malibu. It's actually got great driving dynamics with the little 1.5T, but I don't know - just couldn't see myself in it.

·
Super Moderator
5,165 Posts
Actually I started looking at the 2017 hatch. Like the looks and moreover the wife likes also. Seems to have a lot of everything I want. If I find a nice 2016 premier I would probably jump on that. At this point we are talking about money and driving/feel of both along with availability.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Congrats. I liked the Premier when I test drove one last spring. I just wish it came in a manual as well. When I was at the Pentagon Koons was one of the better dealerships in the area.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts