Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I recently purchased a '12 LT. Loving the gas mileage considering I traded in 07 Trailblazer. I do have one question though: Which level octane gas do everyone use in their vehicle?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,524 Posts
Welcome to Cruzetalk.

Try a tank of 89 and see how it drives. The 1.4T does not like 87 octane very much.

If you still feel a bit of power lag or surging in power, step up to 91-93 (especially in hot summer months).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes with your new crūzen !

89 or better .

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk and congrats on your Cruze. As jblackburn said, try 89 and then 91. If you can't feel the difference between 89 and 91 then use 89. Otherwise you need to decide if the extra cost of 91 is worth the improvements you receive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! I purchased the car this past Friday. The dealership had already purchased gas for it. But I assume it wasn't very good gas because its been acting kinda sluggish and when I test drove, it didnt seem that way to me.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Welcome to the forum amcguffries! So glad you decided to join us. Congrats on your new Cruze. I am sure you are loving the Cruze gas mileage coming from a truck! Please let me know if you have any questions about features, your warranty, dealership locations or anything else Cruze related. You can always send me a message and I will be happy to assist you.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Welcome to CT and congratulations on your new LT!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I decided today to try 89 (Chevron). I couldn't take the lag of the 87 anymore. It only cost $30 to fill up since I had gas to the last line before the "E". I hope that the 89 makes it better!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congratulations on your new LT. I fill up with chevron 93 octane and it runs great. I guess the extra 5 bucks on a tank is well worth it. But anyways fill up only from tier 1 gas stations (I.E. chevron, shell etc)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.