Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading that GM is offering a M/T on the 1LT and 2LT for the 2012 models.

Its gear ratios are shorter than anything offered yet, and its a 6 speed. Definitely with make that the fastest 0-60 and 1/4 mile Cruse. Which gives me hope, because if I decide I don't want an eco it could be a viable upgrade and would make this car easier to mod.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
I was reading that GM is offering a M/T on the 1LT and 2LT for the 2012 models.

Its gear ratios are shorter than anything offered yet, and its a 6 speed. Definitely with make that the fastest 0-60 and 1/4 mile Cruse. Which gives me hope, because if I decide I don't want an eco it could be a viable upgrade and would make this car easier to mod.
Yeah I knew about this... still bought the ECO cause I wanted the fuel economy. The others won't be as good on gas still due to added weight and shorter gears. Just a bit more sporty for people whom are looking for that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh title threw me.... I thought it was odd that they would be offering a Mickey Thompson (M/T) Tire on the Cruze....thought I would check it out.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I knew about this... still bought the ECO cause I wanted the fuel economy. The others won't be as good on gas still due to added weight and shorter gears. Just a bit more sporty for people whom are looking for that.
I didn't know, but I had decided to buy this back in December for the fuel economy as well. However, in 3 years I am upgrading and keeping this for the kid to drive, and I decided that I would make him do some work on it to sport it up.

The low drag and lower weight made me think it wouldn't be a bad car to mod a bit at a time.

If they offer the Sonic with this transmission that would be awesome.

First Gear Ratio :)1) 4.58 Second Gear Ratio :)1) 2.96 Third Gear Ratio :)1) 1.91 Fourth Gear Rato :)1) 1.45 Fifth Gear Ratio :)1) 1.00 Sixth Gear Ratio :)1) 0.75 Reverse Ratio :)1) 2.94 Final Drive Axle Ratio :)1) 3.87

·
Registered
20 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts