Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here. Bought a 2014 LS 1.8 with ~130k miles on it March 2021. Recently I found out I have a coolant leak, and I'm looking to work on my own car so I guess this is the perfect car for me. I am in the process of preparing to replace the thermostat housing and the throttle body inlet pipe. Any tips and tricks about what to look out for with the Gen1 and some helpful fixes would be more than welcome. Looking forward to being part of the sub and getting my hands dirty.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,936 Posts
New guy here. Bought a 2014 LS 1.8 with ~130k miles on it March 2021. Recently I found out I have a coolant leak, and I'm looking to work on my own car so I guess this is the perfect car for me. I am in the process of preparing to replace the thermostat housing and the throttle body inlet pipe. Any tips and tricks about what to look out for with the Gen1 and some helpful fixes would be more than welcome. Looking forward to being part of the sub and getting my hands dirty.
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Common leaks

Gen I Tutorial Tables of Content (TOC)

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
3,868 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: MoneyMitch93

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
831 Posts
Welcome . All kinds of info to read through under the gen 1 sections, Though I don't know much about the 1.8 aside from a couple people are building their own turbo version of it .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate that tidbit of information, that is definitely more than helpful. Mine is leaking from the thermostat housing and pooling directly underneath. The shop said it was in need of replacement so I ordered the parts and just waiting for them to come in so I can go outside and get my hands dirty.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,572 Posts
Welcome! Nice, clean Cruze!

·
Registered
35 Posts
MM:
The oem plastic T stat housing is known to warp, and leak over time. There is a pretty neat aftermarket housing that is all aluminum. I came across it when the 1.8 in our daughter's'12 Cruze started to leak coolant. Another fun fact, is that the thermostat is electronically controlled. A first for me being involved with a repair on such a vehicle.

Don

1 - 10 of 10 Posts