Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have taken advantage of many forums using Google search and finally decided to join this one. However, I'm clueless as to how to find what I'm looking for on here.

I am an ex Navy Submariner Machinist Mate and current engineer. I have been turning wrenches since I knew how to say the word. I am diehard Chevy/GMC and I'm mainly a truck and diesel guy but I always have a small chevy commuter as I drive about 33k miles a year to and from work.

I just purchased a 2016 Limited 1LT 1.4l turbo auto transmission. I really only have intentions for a few simple modifications. Thanks to this forum, I will be adding the Trifecta Advantage tune for sure as I love the turbo engine but hate the 6 speed's shift points and logic. Other than that all I want is 35% tint, 18" chrome OEM wheels, and hopefully upgrade to an OEM Mylink touchscreen.

I appreciate the information made available thus far and look forward making this car my own and helping others if I'm able.

Thank you.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk. Almost everything you're looking for will be in our Generation 1 section. Also, post a brief service history in our Veterans thread and I'll award you a Veteran tag.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk! Enjoy your Cruze! As far as upgrading to an OEM MyLink system and from everything I've read here, its an extremely difficult "swap".

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new cruze

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
and hopefully upgrade to an OEM Mylink touchscreen.
Good luck on that one. Because everything is computer-based now, that's going to be more complex than just changing out the head unit. There's a number of things that will likely need to be changed - and systems reprogramed.

I'm guessing you have the small green screen unit. I think some have been able to re-locate that screen and add a 3rd party system.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.