Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just bought a 2018 Cruze HB manual diesel. I previously owed a 2012 Jetta manual diesel. I was very happy with the Jetta's mileage at 45-47 mpg. I opted for the buy-back because I was wary for the emissions 'fix'. The Cruze was essentially the only option given my wants (diesel, manual transmission, hatchback). I am hoping for better mileage than the Jetta given the reports on the 1.6L diesel sedan.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Welcome, glad you’re here. Congratulations on the new Gen 2 HB CTD.

Also a former TDI owner, I can say I’m very happy with the decision to buyback and jump to Chevy. My Gen 1 has been averaging 45 mpg for the 14,000 miles since I took ownership. The TDI averaged 42 mpg, same driving style. Best tank on the Cruze was 54 mpg (doing 55-60 mph, all freeway). Never even got close to that with the TDI.

Gen 2 owners are reporting 50+ averages pretty regularly with highs in the 60’s. So you’ve got a car that is very capable of significantly better mpg’s than the TDI.

Again, Welcome!!

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on the purchase, we're definitely gonna need to see some pictures of that thing. I always love hearing about people choosing to drive manual, since I have the same passion. In a year or two my plan is to trade my Cruze but the problem is trying to find a 4x4 truck with a manual to replace it. I basically only have one option, the Tacoma. What I really want is a Silverado with the 6.2L and a manual.

Anyway, enjoy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts