Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new owner here from Adelaide, South Australia. The same state where the Holden Commodore and Holden Cruze are produced for the whole country. Well I just signed on the dotted line for a JH Series II MY14 Holden Cruze SRi-V Hatch, 6 Speed Auto in Heron White.

Comes standard with the 1.6 litre iTi Turbo petrol engine pushing out 132kW, 18 inch Alloys riding on Bridgestone Potenza’s, Holdens MyLink system with Pandora and Bluetooth sync, rear parking sensors with camera, Sat Nav and Heated front Leather seats.

Have a few extras thrown in like carpeted floor mats, molded mudflaps front and rear and a free tank of fuel for free. Also had the following option added, factory fitted Daytime Running Lights (DRL’s) which replace the fog lights, rear spoiler for the hatch, alloy pedal covers, sill plates, bonnet protector, head lamp protector and cargo net.

Things that annoy me or wish that came on the Cruze that are standard on the Commodore but not the Cruze

Drivers Footrest
Remote Start
Self park
Sunroof

Estimated Delivery Date 15th November.

A few links and a photo of the exact car that has been placed on order.

Holden Cruze 2013 Australia – Holden.com.au

Holden Cruze SRi-V - Relaxation Test - YouTube

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes !

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Hello from Sydney, you may be interested in a thread started by Nathan in WA called "1.6L Turbo". There is an ever growing number of Aussies joining this forum and enjoying the benefits in knowledge available about our cars.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Aussie where do I find that thread?
It was on the same page as your thread (page 1) a little while ago otherwise try page 2 or 3 etc on What's New".

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Welcome! Please post some pictures when you get your 1.6T.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk and congrats on your new Cruze! I wish that we had the hatchback here in the USA!

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
Sweet looking hatchback. Welcome to the forum.

They don't offer remote start and sun roof on any trims?

Like how they paint front lip black from the factory.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just learnt that the DRL's are not like the ones on the commodore, apparently these are housed within the headlamp assembly and do not replace the fog lights. Kinda disappointed but no one knows what they look like as my order was the 1st all new MY14 to be ordered with daylight running lamps. So am heading down to the dealer tomorrow to look at a malibu and colorado as they have theirs in the headlamp assembly and might look very similar, hope it doesn't look crappy and a waste of a factory option

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk. Nice looking Cruze.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi Super Coach and welcome to Cruze Calk. Congrats on your new Cruze. I really like the pictures. It's not everyday that I get to see a hatchback Cruze. If you ever need assistance you can send me a private message and I can provide you with the Customer Care contact information for your region. Enjoy your Cruze an dlet us know when you take dleivery!

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
its been awhile but pick up day is tomorrow, have been past the dealer each day checking out the progress of the car, should of had the rest of the dealer fitted items fitted today. I was surprised to know that the holden sill/scuff plates which are an option are fitted at the factory, but the alloy pedal covers, cargo net and rear spoiler are done at the dealer. Does HBD or HSVi no exist anymore?

so what are the rules and the ins and outs in running in the new 1.6L?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome and the SA manufactured Cruze seems to be quality. They must be proud when it pops out the despatch doors!

Still loving our sedan SRi-V and in 1 month we have nearly cracked the 3000km drivin period. Just short at 2600km at the moment. Had a trip down to Wollongong via the Pacific tourist drive last weekend. Some spectacular lookouts and views and then on to Carrington waterfalls. (also nearby was Knights Hill where there are the Southern television transmitters for Win Televison.)

Car loves the windy roads and hugs them sweetly. Met up with an old workmate for coffee and famiy chat. Just an excellent day.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Hey guys well I love the Cruze goes great have been keeping it under 3,000RPM have got about 200km on it now but I want to build it up close to 1,000km before I go off for my xmas trip in 2 weeks time, which would be on the highway doing a constant speed (I also want to use up the first tank and put some 98 into her) I did notice the car being abit loud when sitting at the traffic lights with the aircon running like abit of a vibration.

Now I'm new to turbo engines but when does the turbo or boost actually kick in? and what do you guys mean by the term 'spooling' the turbo?

I notice sometimes when Im cruising around 40km/h or go to over take someone I put my foot down slightly not full throttle and there is abit of lag but then it seems like it gets all this power and before I know it I have shot from 40 to 70 in a matter of seconds with out going full throttle (is this the turbo kicking in?)

Once I get some fresh fuel into her and have around hopefully 600km on the clock I will take her into the hills and do some spirited driving using the sports shift before I take her on the long trip and maybe just maybe give her some wide open throttle just once to test her out haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts