Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a certified 2012 eco 6-speed manual. It currently has 66,000 miles on it. So far I am happy with the car, with the exception of some slight body damage from the previous owner (1-owner).

I see there is a TON of information on here I need to go through. Can't say I notice any whining or notchy behavior from the shifter, though it isn't as smooth as my older passat. I guess I need to do some research before asking members any general questions.

Regards,
Adoomy

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk. The 2012 ECO MT shifter is notchy, even with good fluid in there.

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2011 ECO MT. Also bought mine used & certified with 1 owner, but had 34K on it.

My first car purchase ever. I can't say I'm a happy owner though. The shifting is notchy, sometimes I actually shift into the wrong gear (embarrassing).

Maybe the 2012 is better, but I've had problems after problems with mine. PCV Valve needs it's third replacement, my coolant hose had to be replaced, my water pump was replaced, and can't remember what else at the moment. Most of it happened before 100K.

I'm approaching 150K and drive 1000 miles + a week going 75 mph average. Great on gas but I fear I'm stressing it sometimes. Right now I have a traction control issue which I'm just ignoring (haha - I'll wait for the first snow) and dealing with mice entering my car.

Sorry if this scares you, maybe it's just my car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I posted an album with a few pics of my Cruze. Hard to see but there is some body damage/dents I'm planning to get fixed.

Btw, are there any western CT members around?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts