Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Do TURBO Cruzes have intercoolers?
herm
Yes, but not a big one. On the 1st Generation Cruzes it's sandwiched between the radiator and main cooling fan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks OBERMD! I am new to the Cruze and Cruzetalk. There may a section on CruzeTalk that has this general information about the Cruze. If so, I apologize for asking these questions here. My wife just bought a 2014 Cruze, 1.8 with auto. We were gonna buy a new 2016 but were uncomfortable with the TURBO. When I think of TURBOS I think of Formula 1 and Indie Car racing.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Does the TURBO spin after the engine is switched off?
herm
No. But the engine does do an automatic cool down and you'll hear this as a high pitched whine.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Thanks OBERMD! I am new to the Cruze and Cruzetalk. There may a section on CruzeTalk that has this general information about the Cruze. If so, I apologize for asking these questions here. My wife just bought a 2014 Cruze, 1.8 with auto. We were gonna buy a new 2016 but were uncomfortable with the TURBO. When I think of TURBOS I think of Formula 1 and Indie Car racing.
A lot of people think of turbos this way. The reality is that small displacement engines with turbos are the way of the future. The difference is these turbos are tuned to provide better driving power for the engine. The Ford EcoBoost line are also small displacement w/turbo engines.

Besides better drivability for the engine size, the turbos are important in Europe where engines larger than 2.0 liter displacement are taxed annually as gas guzzlers.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk. I just moved your posts to their own welcome thread.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Do TURBO Cruzes have pop off valves?
herm
Yes, called a blow-off valve. As far as I know these are requirement on all turbos to protect the turbo and engine from overboost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts