Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2014 Cruze in mid-January. I didn't mean to buy one when I woke up that morning, but I was so fed up with my 2010 Chevrolet Aveo that I bought from the same dealer two years before, that I took it back to them later that day when I discovered that the Aveo had a blown head! The Aveo (super red in color) was the biggest lemon I ever drove: only 38,113 miles on it, and during the time I had it, paid over $1200 in repair jobs (not counting what it was going to cost for the head gasket job). So, I asked the dealer if I could trade the Aveo in on something? I was given the choices of a new Cruze, or a Sonic. Well, the Sonic is just another name for the Aveo ... I immediately nixed the Sonic! I took home a rainforest green Cruze later that day: 1.8L, 6 speed automatic. This was my first encounter with OnStar--I can see the benefit for emergency and roadside assistance; haven't used it too much for other things though I took the Cruze out for its first long drive last weekend and used OnStar to find out distances between cities, but that was all.

So far, I mostly like the Cruze (it's the first new car I've had). Some disappointments though: I don't like the gas filler situation, nor the fact that the only way you can open the trunk is electronically (no trunk key or a trunk release lever?) I've noted that the driver's side has a very big blind spot at the door jam--I've already had a near-accident when backing out of a parking space; an on-coming car was completely hidden.

In short, if the Cruze will provide me reliable transportation without having to go to the repair shop like the Aveo, I'll be happy! At least, if anything does go wrong, it's covered under warranty for the next 2 years.

JB

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk and congrats. There is a manual trunk release button directly under the Chevy bowtie on the trunk lid. If you have the backup camera the latch is slightly off-center. Many of us also wish there was an internal trunk release as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did find the button just above the license plate. And, I did find it mentioned in the owner's manual. When in doubt, read the manual! Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I really like the green Cruzes...I was considering buying one until I found my white one first. Anyway, welcome to the forum!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts