Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought our 1st cruze (2011 crystal red LT1 6 sp Auto) on 3-15-12 and that was for my wife. Well i liked it so much we bought another one for ME. I got a 2012 Blue Topaz LT1 6 sp Auto. I have never owned a GM product until now. I hope GM treats me as well as my mopars have. We traded in our 2004 Chrysler Sebring with 147k on it and it was one of the best cars i have owned as far as troubles. I just wish it got better then 25 mpg. I got on the freeway and set cruise at 62 mph and it said 46 mpg avg after 50 miles home. I'm tickled pink. 35% window tint going on this week sometime.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mud guards, seat covers, & vent visors are on order

I love both colors.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Love both colors. I have the 2012 Blue Topaz as well. Already had my LT1 in for a repaint of the fender area behind the rear doors. If you can stand the look, I would also recommend door edge guards. I think it's really the only 100% way to prevent paint chips in that area. With that said, I doubt anyone else will have chipping as extreme as I did, as I drive a lot of country roads where there is tons of road debris.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks here are a few more pics.

Reactions: XtremeRevolution

·
Administrator
15,763 Posts
I think it's absolutely awesome that you both have the same car, and that the colors are so suitable. If I drove past your house and saw those two cars in the driveway, I'd scream "YES!" even though nobody would hear me. I might even be tempted to leave a 6-pack of beer at your front door.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My neighbors asked if I won the lottery.

My wife is the one that wanted the 1st one, I got to drive the red one for 3 days and I had to give it back. I was addicted and had to get my own.

We paid cash for hers, and we took out a loan out on the blue one, only $263 month. My other car that we traided only got 25 mpg, I figured out we will save $1000 a yr with the cruze if I avg 37 mpg. Easy payment for such a great car.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Nice! Me and my girlfriend also both drive a Cruze. She has a black granite metallic 2011 LT auto and I have a imperial blue metallic 2011 eco MT. I was set of getting mine and sold her on it after she totalled her 06 scion XB. And she got hers a day or two before I did. We love it and I'm sure you will too!

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
93 Posts
We just got a 2LT RS this past weekend, will the intent of saving enough fuel to make almost half of the new car payment. Going from a 21MPG Venture Van AWD to the Cruze should save us $160 a month @ $4 per gallon. and that's at 30MPG,,, the more the better.

Nice rides' by the way,, are you going to get front plates that say His/Hers ??

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha, I never thought of that, I should.

Reactions: XtremeRevolution

·
Administrator
15,763 Posts
We just got a 2LT RS this past weekend, will the intent of saving enough fuel to make almost half of the new car payment. Going from a 21MPG Venture Van AWD to the Cruze should save us $160 a month @ $4 per gallon. and that's at 30MPG,,, the more the better.

From the looks of it, we may see $5 a gallon, which will save you even more! With a mix of city and highway driving, you should easily see over 30mpg average.

Haha, I never thought of that, I should.

Do it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts