Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am Rayzald, My 2011 Blue Cruze Eco A/T LS with 35k miles on it is making a grinding noise on its a/c. The a/c have stopped working and is not getting cold. I can hear the a/c motor running due to some noises (vanes seems touching something) on the vent, this started about a week ago
My service was 2016Mar, replaced oil (burnt) to overheating due to broken water pump (plastic hose was damaged and coolant drained). Thermostat and solenoid sensor. coolant reservoir were changed. They also told me that brake rotors must be resurfaced soon as they say it have some steps. 2016May, due to some surging while pedal is pressed was back at dealership, checked out & found 1 cylinder is not firing properly due to timing (serpentine belt, ignition coil pack & spark plugs were changed) 2016Jun, again back at dealership and told that I have to change spark plugs? Told them that it was already changed lately and they replied they would clean it and gapped. 2016Oct03, suddenly my a/c stopped being cold but motor seems running as I am hearing some grinding noises on the a/c vent on the dash. Already checked/cleaned the cabin filter under the glove box. Have not checked the fuses yet (i dont know w/c fuse to test). Could it be that a/c needs refrigerant top up?
I dont know what to do next.

Please help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Aha! It dawned on me, now I realized that I have wrongly put blue coolant in the reservoir of my 2011 Chevy Cruze, instead of the red coolant the original it has. I am planning to do a complete coolant flush then flush the heater core to remove all the coolant using distilled water, run the engine to circulate and then drain the distilled water until it is clean.

Thanks Cruzetalk and YouTube.

rayzald

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AC just stopped getting cold

GMCwantsLS1, Would you suggest that I do the check for leak/topping up of R134a instead (I dont have the Ac Refrigerant Manifold-Gauge Set). There is no apparent leak, the aircon just stopped getting cold, the motor+fan is running as I can hear some noise in the vents.

rayzald

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is some troubleshooting that should be done. It requires a set of gauges and some training. I don't mind helping you but you need to know the pressures on the system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks GMCwantsLS1, I looked at YouTube and it is called A/C Manifold Gauge Kit. I will try that one first.

2011 Blue Cruze LS 95K A/T

1 - 6 of 6 Posts