Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I've been lurking and gotten some help from the community here I suppose I should introduce myself. I bought my 2011 Eco 1.4L 6-speed manual new in October 2011, my first-ever new car, which replaced a Saturn SW2 that had served me well but was starting to develop some electrical issues.

So far so good with the Cruze...so far with 84k I have done very little other than regular maintenance. Water pump and coolant elbow were replaced a couple years ago, and I discovered this forum while trying to figure out why my valve cover gasket suddenly started leaking. Thanks to the instructions here, I repaired my intake manifold with the check valve kit sold by one of the members here, replaced the valve cover and a couple other things, adjusted the rear brakes, changed transmission fluid, and replaced that O-ring in the overflow tank pressure cap, and...it's like having a new car again. I found solutions to things I didn't know were problems and I'm no longer afraid of working on newer vehicles (most of my wrenching experience is on antique tractors, cars, machine tools, airplanes, and other older, simpler stuff).

I look forward to solving problems that crop up as my Cruze ages with the info here. I've also been reading the threads about replacing the basic radio with the MyLink version and adding the OEM backup camera with interest. Someday when I have less irons in the fire I may have to dig into that.

Here's a picture from a couple years ago, before I had a truck. Lost some sleep after reading about the manual transmission overheating issues, but so far I haven't noticed any unusual noises. (Trailer is <2000 lb. Wish I'd have known about the rear brake adjustment at that time...)
Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Mid-size car

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
A Cruze towing a glider, now I haven’t seen that one before...awesome!

Glad to hear the Eco has served you well, Welcome and thanks for sharing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts