Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forums with my brand new, fully loaded 2013 Cruze 2LT RS. Picked up Thursday 1/31/13 with exactly 0.8 miles on the odometer! I like my cars factory fresh. My second recent new Chevy as we purchased a new 5 speed 2011 HHR LT1 in June 2011. LOVE that car after over a decade enjoying the now departed and greatly missed Saturn and Pontiac brands we previously purchased.

All our cars are manual shift if available. Wish we still had the option of a composite body ala early Saturns, Fiero's, Transports, etc, as rusting body panels are the big bugaboo to many cars - especially in the harsh conditions of Western NY. We keep our cars forever (last three have gone 293,000, 186,000 and 132,000 miles and over a decade of service). Also enjoyed long term ownerships but far less miles with a 1973 Corvette roadster (12 years - 10,000 miles, sold for twice the purchase price!), 1986 Fiero GT (26 years, 14,000 miles but only $4K at resale) and a 1968 GTO convertible (rust started to take it's toll after 10 years and 130K, incredible for that time period - wish I had it today). Also some far more pedestrian but ultimately reliable and enjoyable vehicles (reliability is our #1 need - GM has answered that for us and why we remain loyal buyers all these years). 1963 Chevy Impala convertible, auto, 1st car! Followed by the GTO 4 speed, a short time with a 1969 Camaro 4 speed (injury forced a premature sale - another I'd love to have back today), Pontiac Sunbird RWD 4 speed, Pontiac J2000 4 speed (one of my all time favorite fun cars - sadly lost far too early to an accident, not even my fault!), Saturn SL2 4 speed, Saturn ION 3 5 speed, Pontiac original Transport auto, 1996 Transport SE auto, GMC Jimmy auto, Chevy Blazer auto and a short fling with a Fiat 500 convertible 4 speed (not the new ones - the tiny 60's rust buckets). Looking back we enjoyed them all even the Fiat but it was NOT a reliable vehicle.

Hope to contribute as well as pick up hints about the best small car around.

·
Registered
444 Posts
welcome man! another upstate New Yorker! Good to see another local on here, where in rochester are u located? Congrats on the cruze

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Welcome! There are a few other Rochester folks around! We're planning a meet on April 20th at Watkins Glen to do a tour of the racetrack if you're interested.

For rustproofing, I like oil-based ones applied yearly like Fluid Film or Carwell. I use Fluid Film myself, and try to get a lot onto and inside the rockers. If it stops the rust before it starts, it'll be worth it to me.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk and congrats on your new Cruze. Like you I am also an old GM (Pontiac in my case) owner having had two Fieros, a Transport, and a Montana AWD. I absolutely loved my Fiero GT.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Near Ridge Rd W - 104 - off Elmgrove Rd (386) in western Greece. By the County Park there.

·
Registered
444 Posts
your shitting me... haha i live right off 104 w, 259 (north/south) so not too far. i love the canal park man, one of the good ones around here.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
The both of you are 30 minutes north of me near the Chili/Wheatland border. 386 starts a few miles away. Small world!

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Welcome and congratulations! Besides my 2011 Cruze 6M I have a 2004 GTO 6M. My dad was a big Pontiac fan, he had a 64 Catalina Converible, a 68 GTO and a 70 Catalina convertible

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Welcome to the forums! For a long time I had a 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix that was seafoam green with black interior, center console shift, and it had the 8 lug rims. There are days in my life when I truly miss that car!

Sent from my Telefunken U47 Electronic Response Unit

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
welcome to the forum sir. You should come join us join on our Cruze meet in new york Watkins Glen Speedway we are doing a track day/ general cruze meet

·
Registered
359 Posts
Welcome and I just finished up school at MCC but now back in Syracuse. As sciphi stated earlier WGI meet and track laps should be a good time

1 - 14 of 14 Posts