Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I've been a lurking on cruzetalk for about a year now and decided it was finally time for me to make an account. I've gained a lot of valuable knowledge about my cruze from this forum and I'm happy to now be a part of it. I live in Michigan and this car is my daily driver so it needs to be able to all four seasons. I'm not planning to do any crazy modifications, just a few to make the the handle better and look good. I'm anal when it comes to my car so everything is in the fine details for me

Little background info:
Taupe Gray 2011 Chevrolet Cruze ls
1.8 liter ecotec with the 6 speed M32 MT
JVC Arsenal head unit
AEM dryflow airfilter
Tinted windows
Yakima Roofrack
Blizzak winter tires on stock 16" steel wheels

Right now my car has been at the dealership for about two weeks. I needed a new water pump to fix my coolant leak and a reflash of my ECU to apply all the current updates. They are also replacing my Transmission, my 5th and 6th gear bearings went bad. I was running redline tranny fluid, looks like I should have run amsoil from the start.

As soon as I get my car back I've got a few projects on my hands

Current parts waiting installation:
BNR Shark fin antenna
Hawk HPS brake pads
KW V1 Coilovers
MRR GF7 18x8 +40 (Will arrive this Thursday)

I would also like to swap the brake/ clutch fluid and install SS brake lines at the same time. and I still haven't decided on what tires I'm going to run. Later this summer I will also get into my stereo install, I've got all the speakers/amps just need to buy the cables and find the time to run them throughout the car.

I think I covered most of the basics. I'm glad to finally be a part of the forum and I look forward to getting to know the community!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome from another newb! Sorry to hear about the mechanical troubles, hopefully they get that all straightened out for you. Sounds like you have quite a bit done and planned.

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Welcome to CT! Post some pictures of your modded LS when you get a chance

·
Super Moderator
5,194 Posts
Welcome your LS sounds just like my first Cruze 2011 LS Taupe Grey with 6M transmission. Even the AEM dryflow airfilter. I did have a sharkfin and tuned the engine. Never got around to modding other than the fin, tune and Rostra Cruise control. Last February, my LS died in a wreck coming home from work but I truly enjoyed the car! I wish you better luck with your car than I had with mine. I see you found this is the place to come for good information about your car. Be sure to shoot out any questions you have.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks for Welcoming! I'll be sure to post pictures up when I get my car back with my new transmission. Although, I don't know when that will be, the dealership still hasn't been able to find one or get one from GM and its been over two weeks since they started looking. My GF7 wheels just came in today, so I'm itching to get my car back.

Welcome from another newb! Sorry to hear about the mechanical troubles, hopefully they get that all straightened out for you. Sounds like you have quite a bit done and planned.
Thanks! I'm not to worried about it, the dealership I use for warranty work is a real pleasure to work with. I honestly have nothing but good things to say about Denooyer Chevrolet in Kalamazoo... Which should say a lot, I'm more of a DIYer when it comes to cars and try to stay away from stealerships.

Welcome welcome. How many miles on yours?
I've got just over 41k on my cruze.

Welcome! What part of MI are you in?
Currently I'm living in Kalamazoo, MI.

·
Registered
639 Posts
**** 41k and a new tranny. That sucks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
welcome aboard... new tranny happens with any car.. I had a '12 Corolla prior to my Cruze that required a new transmission at 35k due to metal shavings and a rough shift..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After almost 5 weeks, the dealership finally located and installed a new transmission in my Cruze. I was getting a bit aggravated that it took so long for them to locate a new trans for me, but on the upside they installed to newer 2013+ version of the m32 trans. for me. Hopefully this one will fare better than the last one.

·
Registered
639 Posts
After almost 5 weeks, the dealership finally located and installed a new transmission in my Cruze. I was getting a bit aggravated that it took so long for them to locate a new trans for me, but on the upside they installed to newer 2013+ version of the m32 trans. for me. Hopefully this one will fare better than the last one.
First thing, change out the fluid for Amsoil Syncromesh!!!!

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm going to order some from Xtreme ASAP as well as some brake fluid. I'll probably run 1k-3k miles on the current fluid to let it break in a little bit before I swap the Amsoil in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My splash guards looked like that after 6 months, I ended up black plasti dip and glossifying them.
I didn't think about that option. I think I'm going to see how well some exterior armor all will last. After I get my coils installed I'm going to detail the exterior of my car. Since it has been at the dealership for the past 5 weeks, I haven't had time to clean it up after this past winter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts